Silicon Mix....PJ wants to get out!

Review products, stores or online sellers. Advertise products or services here.

Moderator: clipinqueen

Silicon Mix....PJ wants to get out!

Postby clipinqueen on Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:10 pm

Hi you guys, I just wanted to throw out a reference to this conditioner "Silicon Mix" everyone is talking about on BHM. Actually, it's been talked about as one of the best Dominican hair conditioners for years on Long Hair Care Forum and I just bought some (very cheap) on Sickbay.biz. You lovely ladies must check out that site; lots of great conditioners for quite cheap and the shipping wasn't bad to Canada. Can't wait to get my Silicon Mix!
clipinqueen

Postby clipinqueen on Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:06 am

*warning long* :) Can't believe I'm replying to my own post! Just wanted to post a review of the Silicon Mix now that I have received it from Sickbay.com. I must say the shipping was quick and great packaging. Anyway, I bought Rysell Coconut Treatment as well; haven't tried that, but smells like a dream!

The Silicon Mix is everything people are saying it is. It's a very rich deep conditioner that may feel like it leaves a coating on your hair, perfect for extensions. I applied it on my freshly clarified hair, slapped on a plastic bag and heated that sucker up w/a blow dyer off and on for 4 hours! hah. Yep. 4 hours. Then, I slept w/it on overnight. This is my Friday night ritual. Only because I do a deep protein treatment before that (my hair is bleached very light). Silicon Mix is cheap and it leaves your hair soft and smooth. Love it and am already planning my next purchase.
clipinqueen

Postby Lynnie on Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:20 am

clipinqueen wrote:*warning long* :) Can't believe I'm replying to my own post! Just wanted to post a review of the Silicon Mix now that I have received it from Sickbay.com. I must say the shipping was quick and great packaging. Anyway, I bought Rysell Coconut Treatment as well; haven't tried that, but smells like a dream!

The Silicon Mix is everything people are saying it is. It's a very rich deep conditioner that may feel like it leaves a coating on your hair, perfect for extensions. I applied it on my freshly clarified hair, slapped on a plastic bag and heated that sucker up w/a blow dyer off and on for 4 hours! hah. Yep. 4 hours. Then, I slept w/it on overnight. This is my Friday night ritual. Only because I do a deep protein treatment before that (my hair is bleached very light). Silicon Mix is cheap and it leaves your hair soft and smooth. Love it and am already planning my next purchase.

Thanks - CQ,,, I will have to add this item to my wish list/ must try prod. list :wink: :wink:
Be who you are, say what you feel, because those who mind, don't matter --- and those who matter don't mind.
Lynnie
Diva of the Month

Postby athena on Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:57 am

I love Silicon Mix. I use it everytime I wash the hair. After wahing in a clarigying shampoo, I slather it on, put the hair in a zip lock bag, wrap the bag in a dish towel, then put the bag in a heating cap, wrap the heating cap in a bath towel. Let sit for 1 hour to 3 hours. Rinse the freshly conditioned hair very, very well. Keeps the hair soft, shiney and not dry at all.
athena

Re: Silicon Mix....PJ wants to get out!

Postby Katie on Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:30 pm

I ordered some of this and am waiting (impatiently) for it to arrive.
Katie

Postby Katie on Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:12 am

Got the Silicon Mix and tried it today---oh my goodness! :heart:

I have a whole boatload of different products I am trying out (much to my husband's dismay--more and more bottles in the bathroom :mrgreen: ) but this is my absolute favorite conditioner so far. And it is cheap--YAY!

I didn't put a bag on my head and leave it on for four hours or put heat on it, either (that is a project for another day), I just washed my hair and put it on for about 8 minutes, and may hair is so soft and shiny. I can only imagine how good it would be left on longer and heated.
Katie

Postby Katie on Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:14 am

Oh--and not to freight-train posts, but I also got hte Silicon Mix leave in conditioner, and it is really good, too.

(And it smells good. That is a huge issue for me--I like things that smell nice :LOL: )
Katie

Postby clipinqueen on Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:49 pm

OMG Katie, I just saw this thread again! Sorry for late reply! I'm so dense sometimes. haha.

So glad you like the Silicon Mix; I still have a huge tub that I use regularly. Watch out for buildup though. Definitely use a good clarifier every now and again so it doesn't leave too much residue on your hair. Thanks for sharing your experience. :D
clipinqueen

Postby valentine319 on Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:25 pm

What company is it under? It's a bit odd that I can buy medical supplies on the same site as hair supplies. :D
Valentine
valentine319

Return to Reviews and Adverts