Favorite Mascara?

Talk about makeup, share tips and ideas, or talk about the skincare products you like here

Moderator: clipinqueen

Postby sherrie215 on Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:14 pm

well I did try some clear mascara, I didnt like it at ALL. I guess Im fond of my black eyelashes. I just felt like the clear was too much like not wearing any mascara at all.
sherrie215
Site Admin

Postby BunnyWabbit on Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:19 pm

I think clear ususally tends to be a option only for those with naturally dark lashes - I totally understand needing the black lashes! I used it when I was younger, middle school, early high school to help keep the curl in my lashes. Now I can't bare go out without THICK UBER LONG lashes. I was using a Almay mascara for awhile, that was actually a really pretty dark green to make the green in my eyes pop more. It was so pretty, but after a while I missed the effect of black.
BunnyWabbit

Postby sherrie215 on Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:05 am

oOoOo the dark green sounds pretty. But yeah, black is my favorite. Another thing I cant live without anymore is the curved brush. I go nuts now if I get a mascara with a straight brush!
sherrie215
Site Admin

Postby oh*so*sassy on Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:53 am

My two favorites:
http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P174100&categoryId=S10510&shouldPaginate=true

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P133910&categoryId=S10510&shouldPaginate=true

I use the IMJU for a more dramatic look; use the BE one for everyday/lighter . The BE brush is cool- one side a short and very easy to get the little lower lashed w/out clumping. The longer side brushed through the upper lashes so smoothly.
http://www.wickedhairco.com

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." ~~~~ Maya Angelou
oh*so*sassy

Postby Maja on Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:40 am

I only use mascara on my lower lashes, instead I'm doing eylash extensions, not flares but individual lashes it takes some practice and is also a bit time consuming but it looks really good, and it is SO nice to wake up with perfect lashes, and you can't tell that they are artificial, even when you look real close.
Maja

Re: Favorite Mascara?

Postby jennzy on Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:44 am

i can't find a mascara that i like
i have asian lashes
so it barely curls nor has volume
though it is long enough
every time i'm done a tube, i always go get a different brand

though i really like the rubber/plastic brushes better than the bristle ones
jennzy

Postby Katie on Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:13 am

I like the L'Oreal Lash Architect. I think it is the brush I like, more than the mascara. With most brushes, even from really expensive mascaras, I end up looking like I have four or five giant eyelashes. This brush sperates and curls them better than any I have ever found.
Katie

Postby sherrie215 on Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:00 pm

I finally found some of the Loreal tubing mascara. I bought it for my daughter because she wanted to try it. But..I had to try it myself, even though I have long eyelashes and dont need it....HOLY MOLY....My eyelashes almost touch my friggin brows with this stuff! :LOL:

I cant use this stuff because my lashes are already long...unless maybe I want a major dramatic effect.

Seriously, if you use a good coat of the base/primer and then apply a coat of the mascara it will definitely add thickness and length to your lashes. It stayed on all day with no flaking and I didnt have any problems taking it off (my co-worker says she couldnt get it off) My co-worker also claimed that it took her own eyelashes off with it, but I think she was just seeing the little tubes coming off. It sort of looks like little fibers/hairs, so I dont think it took off her own lashes. I think she was in a panic for nothing!
sherrie215
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Makeup and Skincare