Favorite Mascara?

Talk about makeup, share tips and ideas, or talk about the skincare products you like here

Moderator: clipinqueen

Favorite Mascara?

Postby sherrie215 on Sat May 12, 2007 8:23 pm

What is everyones favorite mascara? I have tried a good many brands some cheap some expensive. But I always return to by good old Maybelline Great Lash!! I really like the curved brush!
sherrie215
Site Admin

Postby BunnyWabbit on Sat May 12, 2007 9:58 pm

I LOVE curved or little brushes. Great Lash is definately a classic, especially if you want BLACK.

I also like Almay 'Bring Out the Green'. The brush isn't the best but its such a great color, a deep deep emerald or pine green.

I also have Estee Lauder, in a really dark black. Thats my current tube. Its got a tiny brush, dosen't clump at all and its SO dark it even makes my black lashes seem more brown.

I also like clear masacaras - The Great Lash one is, well, great, lol. Its good for those days were the curler just isn't cutting it but you don't want to be too made up either.
BunnyWabbit

Postby sherrie215 on Sun May 13, 2007 10:57 am

Ive never tried a clear mascara but I want to try it. Although I like my black black!
sherrie215
Site Admin

Postby BunnyWabbit on Sun May 13, 2007 7:43 pm

I like it on my lazy days since I have pretty dark lashes to begin with. I can't imagine how much mascara I'd wear if I had light ones!
BunnyWabbit

Postby asinnamon on Sun May 13, 2007 10:46 pm

I haven't ever found a mascara I like. I don't wear it that often, thank goodness! :lol: I even tried that pink and green tube and didn't care for it, it felt old and clumpy right off the bat. I've thought about trying the bare minerals/escentuals mascara, but it's pricey.....I'm all out, so I've gotta go browse the cosmetics section at Walmart...
Current Install: Belorio & Singer's Tape
asinnamon

Postby sherrie215 on Sun May 13, 2007 10:50 pm

asinnamon, have you thought about the eyelash extensions? Im thinking about trying it...
sherrie215
Site Admin

Postby sherrie215 on Sun May 13, 2007 10:51 pm

yeah I thought about the mineral mascara, but it is very pricey and Im just sorta holding off on that
sherrie215
Site Admin

Postby asinnamon on Sun May 13, 2007 11:12 pm

sherrie215 wrote:asinnamon, have you thought about the eyelash extensions? Im thinking about trying it...

lol! Yes I did! I even tried them, it was super funny!! i should have video taped it!! The dog and the floor ended up with more eyelashes then I did....It was a blast! I gotta get a better glue and try again....

have you tried them? Your lashes look wonderful in the pics of the emerald and gold pigments!
Current Install: Belorio & Singer's Tape
asinnamon

Postby sherrie215 on Sun May 13, 2007 11:30 pm

asinnamon wrote:
sherrie215 wrote:asinnamon, have you thought about the eyelash extensions? Im thinking about trying it...

lol! Yes I did! I even tried them, it was super funny!! i should have video taped it!! The dog and the floor ended up with more eyelashes then I did....It was a blast! I gotta get a better glue and try again....

ROTFLMAO....I bet that video would have been hilarious. Im sure mine would look about the same! Hehe...yes I tried it and I think I need a better glue too!
sherrie215
Site Admin

Postby maile on Tue May 15, 2007 8:10 pm

KISS mascara is the best (for me anyway) it's from Japan and it creates little "tubes" on your lashes that don't come off unless you use warm water and gentle pressure....

this stuff has taken me thru weddings, bat mitsvahs, long distance commercials....anywhere I am likely to cry and doesn't come off! (holy crap I sound like I work for them :lol: ) the only suggestion is to get the volumizing formula if you can cause it's pretty "thin" stuff
(what is mascara made of anyway???) :-k
maile

Postby BunnyWabbit on Tue May 15, 2007 8:34 pm

maile wrote:KISS mascara is the best (for me anyway) it's from Japan and it creates little "tubes" on your lashes that don't come off unless you use warm water and gentle pressure....

this stuff has taken me thru weddings, bat mitsvahs, long distance commercials....anywhere I am likely to cry and doesn't come off! (holy crap I sound like I work for them :lol: ) the only suggestion is to get the volumizing formula if you can cause it's pretty "thin" stuff
(what is mascara made of anyway???) :-k

I saw a show on the history channel once about what make-up has been made of through-out history, I was a little bit traumatized by some of it, so I blocked it out :lol: no idea what its made of now!
BunnyWabbit

Postby manstoppers on Sat May 19, 2007 11:30 pm

Max Factor 2000 Calories in Black, I use the waterproof but you don't have to...Never found a better one & I have tried many...I tried the Bare Minerals one (HATED IT!) Cheap & works great for me...
www.manstoppers.com
"'Cuz I like to party...Cal Naughton Jr."
manstoppers

Postby sherrie215 on Sun May 20, 2007 12:49 am

thanks for your imput on the mineral mascara manstoppers. What didnt you like about it? Ive been curious about addng mineral mascara to my line but has been hesitant and havent actually tried it yet myself.
sherrie215
Site Admin

Postby mrswozzy on Fri May 25, 2007 1:12 pm

I have the bare esscentuals one, and I don't like it either. My FAVORITE is Diorshow mascara, yeah it's pricey but I wouldn't trade it for the world! I used to use the 2000 calorie one that was my favorite forever, but this tops that by a MILE!! I buy them on Ebay now to save a few bucks.
mrswozzy

Postby manstoppers on Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:36 am

The mineral eyeshadow for me wasn't thick enough I guess...I can't really explain it...My maxfactor adds so much thickness & dries quickly keeping my lashes where they were after I curled them (I heat my eyelash curler with a lighter like a curling iron) It's almost as if the mineral mascara wets my lashes & takes out the curl...It reminded me vaguely of the eyelash dye revlon came out with a while back...where it makes them black but doesn't add any structure (if that makes sense! :lol: ) Anyway I would love to try the Dior...but that won't happen anytime soon!
www.manstoppers.com
"'Cuz I like to party...Cal Naughton Jr."
manstoppers

Next

Return to Makeup and Skincare