Scar Revision

Talk about makeup, share tips and ideas, or talk about the skincare products you like here

Moderator: clipinqueen

Scar Revision

Postby valentine319 on Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:30 am

For those who do not know I had my thyroid removed. I had an awesome surgeon who saved my vocal cords and despite the enlargement and everything instead of a 4 inch scar I was left with a 2 inch but raised and 8 months later not flattening. I talked to the plastic surgeon. He recommended steroid shots & in the end cutting it out. I had so much tightness after the surgery (I'm a singer and it took hours to be able to sing long notes) that I say no thank you. Someone, I believe here recommended the TCA Face Peel from Ebay. Not for the scar but I kept thinking, what could it hurt, it wasn't new. So after 4 treatments at about 50-75% solution here are the results.

Here's the before.

Here's the after. Only one week.

Valentine
valentine319

Re: Scar Revision

Postby jennzy on Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:36 am

ive had a scar revision done by a plastic surgeon few years ago.
when i had the chickenpox back in gr.7 it left ugly deep hole scars on my forehead that i hated. i considered options: injections, laser but i felt like the best would be sugery. the surgeon told me that in scar revision, you can't completely get rid of a scar. it creates a new, smaller scar that makes it less noticable. its true. i still have the hole, but its less deep and smaller.

your scar is definately different from mine because it is raised. have you tried those scar dressings? i hear theyw ork amazing with raised scars
jennzy

Postby intl_babygirl on Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:01 pm

wow ... i do glycolic acid peels ... but wow ..tca just took it down

btw... if you plan on buying more acids ... makeupartistschoice.com is good and reasonable
intl_babygirl

Postby valentine319 on Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:17 am

I buy from bettercomplexions off ebay. The TCA is 100% so I dilute it to what percentage I need. If you do a true TCA peel you do need to understand it is normal to end up with a brown crust, kinda like a bad sunburn, that peels off. You will have days you don't want to go out of the house. Now that is for say a facial TCA peel and not treating scars. I have the scar patches. I have used them in certain places after doing a TCA peel. Jennzy, doing a TCA revision on the scar and then using a collagen increaser as it heals would help it. TCA is good for the raised and burning them down. I have not messed with mine recently. I need to reorder. The burning of the TCA will cause collagen to start replicating under the skin, you have to not peel it though. It's kinda like not peeling a sunburn.

I will the honest the TCA peel burns really bad, I recommend applying it and sticking your head in the freezer for the 3 minutes. Also, are you familiar with the pic method for any scars that are sunken in?

PM me if you have questions.
Valentine
valentine319

Return to Makeup and Skincare