Bare Escentuals

Talk about makeup, share tips and ideas, or talk about the skincare products you like here

Moderator: clipinqueen

Bare Escentuals

Postby angel on Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:37 pm

has anyone used it?

I've never used mineral make up, but am looking into it, I'd like to try something w/good reviews........
angel

Postby Naked Eye on Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:52 pm

I love it. We got it in at work and everyone was in love, and now we get 40% off all retail, which makes it cheap as dirt!

I love it more than any make-up, I sound like an advertisement, but my skin does actually look better after wearing it. It's really a good product that i reccomend to everyone.

The only thing I can say is to have a professional help you with colors. We offer it free at my job, I don't know if other places do it for free too, but even if not free it's usually cheap. It's really hard to find the right colors, and getting the right color can make or break it.
Naked Eye

Postby brenda on Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:31 pm

Have you checked out Sherrie's line of make-up? It's called PURE PLEASURES and I currently use it and I love it. I throw away all the other store brands etc. away (except eye liner and mascara) and use Pure Pleasures and my face has cleared up so much. I think it makes me look younger and have had many comments on my young looking face.
brenda

Postby angel on Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:16 pm

Naked Eye wrote:I love it. We got it in at work and everyone was in love, and now we get 40% off all retail, which makes it cheap as dirt!

I love it more than any make-up, I sound like an advertisement, but my skin does actually look better after wearing it. It's really a good product that i reccomend to everyone.

The only thing I can say is to have a professional help you with colors. We offer it free at my job, I don't know if other places do it for free too, but even if not free it's usually cheap. It's really hard to find the right colors, and getting the right color can make or break it.

You are gorgeous to begin with!!!
I would have to order it on line (from Canada), I was looking at Sephora, but starter kit is 60 and the amount of powder is minute.

Not sure how I would get the help of choosing the right colors in person....

Thank you though for your input.
angel

Postby angel on Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:16 pm

brenda wrote:Have you checked out Sherrie's line of make-up? It's called PURE PLEASURES and I currently use it and I love it. I throw away all the other store brands etc. away (except eye liner and mascara) and use Pure Pleasures and my face has cleared up so much. I think it makes me look younger and have had many comments on my young looking face.

I have been lookiung into that one as well, my problem is getting the right/proper color via internet........ :roll:
angel

Postby asinnamon on Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:34 pm

Try Sherrie's line. The colors are VERY forgiving, and in my opinion, her product is better then Bare Minerals. I am a long time user of the BE products, and I do still use the eye shadows and cheek colors. But, the PP foundation and veil are better. What I mean by better is the texture goes on better for me and nicer velvet like results. I don't get any creasing w/ the PP and I do sometimes with the BE. I have used the BE mineral veil for years too, and I hate it. I'm probably the only person on earth to say that. I however love the veil I got from Sherrie.

Now, the fine print of mineral powders....After washing, and moisturing your skin, let your face dry. You cannot get a good result try apply a 'powder' product to a moist surface. Second, IMO, you should use natural bristled brushes, the softer the better. I use the BE brushes for foundation and the kabuki for my veil. I have some very soft pony hair brushes from Sally's I use for eye shadow. Third, use less then you think you need. The major mistake newbies make w/ mineral foundations is using too much and being unhappy with the results. Plus, you can always do another layer if you need more coverage, but it's a pain to have to start all over again when you have applied too much.

Sherrie's prices are low enough too, order a couple colors and experiment.

Alternatly, you could do a search on Ebay for Bare Minerals Samples or Bare Mineral Sample Kit and get thousands of results. That was how I started with the foundations to find which color I liked and so on...
Current Install: Belorio & Singer's Tape
asinnamon

Postby sherrie215 on Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:49 pm

Im not trying to toot my own horn here, but I just want to say that anyone who is interested in the PP products check out the pure pleasures website I have ALL of the colors listed there. I have gotten behind in updating the PP products on the HE101 store or HES.biz store

This makeup really IS amazing. I love it and wouldnt use anything else now.

BTW, I am working on a pressed powder eyeshadow, a eye & lip liner and a hydrating mousse blush (this one is finished just havent listed it yet.)

I have never tried the BE, so I cant give any comparisons, but thank you asinnamon.
sherrie215
Site Admin

Postby angel on Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:28 am

Assinamon, Sherrie, thank you for your input
I don't usually use loose powders (except under my eyes when I put on eye shadow, and then sweep it off with whatever has landed on it from the eye application)Anyway, I'm a bit worried that I will look dry and cakey (loose powders tend to look that way, on me, anyway), and also with my combination skin, will it not look like I have a mask on, on the t-zone - because more product will tend to stick there due to the oiliness.
(if that makes any sense)

silly questions I know,
I noticed lately, that my skin doesn't look as nice anymore (I'm 37), and even MAC liquid powders tend to look oily during the day and I look very shiney......eeeeeeek, perhaps I need to switch products to something more natural, less damaging, etc............
:roll:
angel

Postby angel on Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:18 pm

Just ordered the PP from Sherrie..............

can't wait.......

:lol:
angel

Postby valentine319 on Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:46 pm

Thought I'd give my 2 cents, I am the rare girl who looked horrible in Bare Essentials. I had a friend make me some mineral makeup and I actually like it. So it really depends on how they blend it. Oh and a warning. I've seen lots of mineral makeup in the store made from say Jane brand, really cheap. The ingredients arent that good and they broke me out like mad and it went on horribly. I'd go with Sherrie's if you don't want to mix your own. I dig mixing mine.

Oh a small tip, I found out you can take the powder & mix it with just water or moisturizer if you have dry skin and it be a liquid makeup, it's easier for me to put on that way and I thin it to my desired coverage.

Oh any mineral makeup can be either shiny or matte. The bare essentials was sooooo shiny. I was the oil queen by noon.
Valentine
valentine319

Postby sherrie215 on Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:33 pm

I agree Valentine. With mineral makeup its all about the formula. And you are right I have looked at alot of those mineral makeup products in the store and they have lots of fillers and ingredients that arent so good.

You are exactly right, you can mix up your mineral powders with a moisturizer to make your own foundation. But not all moisturizers work well with the minerals. Some do very well. Just mix a little to see if the moisturizer will blend well with the minerals.

My only issue with mixing with a moisurizer was the ingredients in the moisturizer...so it really sort of defeated the purpose of a 'natural' 'pure' makeup, unless of course you are using a natural based moisturizer.

The liquid and hydrating mousse foundations that I have in the Pure Pleasures store all wonderful, natural organic products that dont have all of the crap that is in store bought foundations.
sherrie215
Site Admin

Postby valentine319 on Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:54 pm

I find water my favorite thing to make it liquid. Just filtered water.
Valentine
valentine319

Postby sherrie215 on Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:17 am

water wont work for me, I end up looking too dry and powdery. I have dry skin to start with so I have to add moisture.
sherrie215
Site Admin

Postby valentine319 on Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:24 am

Ahh I am the queen of oil! That makes sense.
Valentine
valentine319

Postby angel on Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:17 pm

Got my PP today, (thank you Sherrie), and although I chose mostly the wrong colors........... :? , I LOVE the veil. I got this at work so I don't have brushes with me, but I couldn't wait to try some on my face, sooo, I put some on my forehead and cheeks with my finger (yeah, I know........ :oops: ), and I love it. I can already see the differene between the BE and PP. I suppose BE is more on the shiney side where as the PP is not, so I don't even notice having it on, just a flawless look.

So, now that I have more make - up than I know what to do with, I will order some MOPRE of the right colors (hopefully) from Sherrie...hehehe
Thanks for your suggestions ladies...........
angel

Return to Makeup and Skincare