eyelash adhesives

Talk about makeup, share tips and ideas, or talk about the skincare products you like here

Moderator: clipinqueen

Re: eyelash adhesives

Postby blainewitch on Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:59 am

I tried the DYI lashes from Drlocks again last night, with shorter lashes. They turned out better this time .... but their glue didn't hold. They came right off. Their glue was very inexpensive, this $18 stiff probably holds much better. Drlocks has a video, I found it when I clicked on one of the shapeshifter links on this board.
blainewitch

Postby hflsales on Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:21 pm

blainewitch wrote:No, this is the color they have always been. But, I don't purposely put this stuff in your eye, you try not to get it in at all. Also. the amount I use each time is only a tiny bit. That little mascara tube has lasted for an entire year, using it 2x/day. With glaucoma meds, I am guessing that these are drops that you put directly into your eye?? :D

I know you don't put the Revitalash directly in your eyes, but I'm sure you still get some in there. I read somewhere that some women that have used it had their eyes turn darker. Since I have never used it, I can't vouch for that but that is the reason I didn't purchase the stuff.
hflsales

Postby blainewitch on Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:15 pm

I wonder how much they got in their eye? I wonder how much it takes to make your eyes darker? I figured that with the glaucoma drops one would use a certain number of drops per eye? For this stuff, I don't think the amount used for both eyes would be even close to 1 drop. It's a thin brush, like the kind for liquid liner. I really only got it in my eye when I tried to go extreme and try to smear as much as possible on my lashes. I only tried that 1 or 2 times. :D I have a problem with the 'more is better philosophy' and I always have to test to find out why it's not. #-o But my eye color did not change.
I didn't mean to sound like I thought that you though that you put it directly into your eyes ... I'm sorry. :oops:
blainewitch

Postby valentine319 on Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:02 am

I'm currently using fluttereyes and love it. I'm scared of the revitalash, I love my blue eyes and I've heard any changes in eye color are permanent. I've read too many posts about spots of brown or blue turning green or darker skin around the eyes, I don't need that help! I'm not using anything to promote lash growth, mine is thyroid related and just need to give it time. I prefer not using mascara. I've heard though the new tube mascara is great. It will come off with swimming.
Valentine
valentine319

Postby sherrie215 on Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:07 am

Well Im lucky in the eyelash department I have a ton of long lashes, and I only need a thin coat of mascara or its overload.

I have been trying to find the tubing mascara for my girlfriend and we have not been able to find it ANYWHERE around here. I have been to everyplace that sells makeup and cannot find it.
sherrie215
Site Admin

Postby hflsales on Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:28 pm

I saw the tubing mascara at Walmart last week. It doesn't do anything for me.
Just looks like mascara.
hflsales

Postby valentine319 on Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:04 am

The tube mascara was another brand originally 25 online then a mainstream company made a like brand. I have not tried the tubing mascara. I have also used maybeline XXL. It has the microfibers, a white side, you stroke like mascara, then dry, then other side with black mascara. It works well just don't get a heavy hand with the white and when in a rush remember to use the black.

My lashes took some beating during thyroid issues, don't know if they will ever correct. I will not use revivalash. I am at higher risk for glaucoma and the problems with it, no thank you. I will say I've used a lot of remmil mascara and didn't like it. I hate those plastic brushes. Other than the Rimmel plumping lip gloss their products tend to disappoint.

Also, I did want to point out, in case those who may not know. NEVER add water to any eyeliner or mascara if it dries up. It will grow bacteria really really fast and just toss it.
Valentine
valentine319

Previous

Return to Makeup and Skincare