eyelash adhesives

Talk about makeup, share tips and ideas, or talk about the skincare products you like here

Moderator: clipinqueen

eyelash adhesives

Postby alreadyaddicted on Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:18 pm

Does anyone else think that there is a difference between the clear and dark adhesives for individual lashes?...I think the clear adhesive is a bit stronger..or is it just my imagination?
alreadyaddicted

Postby athena on Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:27 pm

I have worn those individual eyelashes for many years. I am now researching eyelash extentsions and they are very similar except the extensions come in different mms. They also sell ones that are slightly thicker at the base, which looks closer to natural lashes. The glue for the extensions are really expensive! yikes! Like $70 +. This has me wondering, there has to be another glue out there that would give a long hold and be safe for the eye area, just have to find it! So far, these sites seems like the best deals.

www.eyelashextensions.com/new/single_strand.htm

www.3d-beauty.com/catalog/product-info. ... ts-id/3407

What do you think?
athena

Postby athena on Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:35 pm

OPPS! Sorry - that second link did not work when I reviewed my post.

Try this one

http://www.3d-beauty.com/catalog/produc ... ts_id/3407
athena

Postby sherrie215 on Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:06 am

I have heard rave reviews about this glue:

EVERLASH Individual Eyelashes Adhesive Details

** NEW **

Everlash Adhesive (0.2 oz) is medical grade adhesive made for salon professionals and lash technicians. Everlash is designed to hold individual lashes (lash extension) securely in place for a maximum hold. This Semi-Permanent individual lash adhesive is a manufactured in Germany with the highest standards.

Price: $18.50
sherrie215
Site Admin

Postby athena on Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:12 am

Thanks Sherrie, I will have to check that out! Never saw it before. What did you think of that little starter kit on 3 d beauty?
athena

Postby sherrie215 on Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:24 am

looks like a pretty nice kit, but I dont know too much about eyelash extensions. Thats a really nice website. I guess you can rack up some bucks in a kit eh??
sherrie215
Site Admin

Postby athena on Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:37 am

Some salons charge $750 for eyelash extensions! I am just interested for myself. I think it would be great not to wear mascara, I am just interested for myself. I found a really good you tube video, I am going to post it.
athena

Postby athena on Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:40 am

athena

Postby Maja on Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:14 am

You can only use this technique on others, not yourself.
Maja

Postby blainewitch on Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:12 pm

I had thought about trying eyelash extensions, but decided not to because I don't want another thing to have to keep up on. With my hair extensions I already consider myself to be high maintenance. :D

I decided to try Revitalash. http://www.pricemart.us/revitalash.asp

I highly highly recommend this product! \:D/ If there were a product like this that worked on my hair, like Revitalash does for my lashes .... I'd give up my Bohyme.

My lashes were short and thin, due to age. I noticed that they were nothing like when I was young .... now they are longer than they have ever been! \:D/

I noticed a difference after 2 weeks. I decided to have my eyelashes dyed once and the cosmetologist (Is that the correct title?) told me that they were difficult to cover since they were so thick. I was soooo happy. I told her why and she decided that she too was gonna use this product.

My first tube lasted an entire year, using it morning and night. I recently started my 2nd tube.

It is well worth the money.

I don't even use waterproof mascara anymore because I feel like I look weird, like I have ultra fake long coated lashes (ie. Tammy Faye Baker), like spider legs. A light application of regular mascara is now plenty for me ... and I have always been a "several coats of waterproof girl." :D
blainewitch

Re: eyelash adhesives

Postby Maja on Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:55 pm

Hi Blainewitch,
I'm really interested in this product, do you experience any discomfort like dry eyes or something else? Also, could you post a closeup of your eyes?

Maja
Maja

Postby blainewitch on Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:17 pm

Ok here it is .... it looks gross.... I hate my wrinkles. I need a lower eye lid lift. I am wearing a light coat of mascara.

They are not as long as extensions, but they are twice as long as they were before I used revitalash. At first they looked sooooo long to me .... now they don't .

Now I am toying with eyelash extensions .... but my attempt failed. I bought them too long. I just ordered some shorter individual lashes to play with, from doctoredlocks. They should arrive soon.
blainewitch

Postby blainewitch on Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:21 pm

Oh yeah, I don't experience dry eyes or anything. However, it has gone in my eye and burned a little bit. The ingredient is medically used made for glaucoma (I think, I know it for an eye complication), so it won't harm your eyes. It felt similar to the burn I get from using 'Visine-A' (the allergy kind) in my eyes.
blainewitch

Postby hflsales on Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:37 pm

blainewitch wrote:Oh yeah, I don't experience dry eyes or anything. However, it has gone in my eye and burned a little bit. The ingredient is medically used made for glaucoma (I think, I know it for an eye complication), so it won't harm your eyes. It felt similar to the burn I get from using 'Visine-A' (the allergy kind) in my eyes.

Blainewitch, have your eyes gotten darker? I was going to try the Revitalash until I heard that it uses the same stuff used to treat glucoma & that stuff makes your eyes darker. My dad has glucoma & his eyes have gotten a couple of shades darker since he has been using his drops. He said the doctor warned him in advance about it.
hflsales

Postby blainewitch on Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:56 am

No, this is the color they have always been. But, I don't purposely put this stuff in your eye, you try not to get it in at all. Also. the amount I use each time is only a tiny bit. That little mascara tube has lasted for an entire year, using it 2x/day. With glaucoma meds, I am guessing that these are drops that you put directly into your eye?? :D
blainewitch

Next

Return to Makeup and Skincare