More testers?

Talk about makeup, share tips and ideas, or talk about the skincare products you like here

Moderator: clipinqueen

Re: More testers?

Postby ManeDreams on Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:58 pm

hi-
i received my samples today-
feedback so far-
love the packaging, the flip out containers that holds the shadows are very impressive. they were packaged very padded with bubble wrap- and the beautiful moisturiser i cannot wait to try it all today.
sherrie thank you so much and i will report back my great feedback this week!
love the colors too.
sand
WWW.HAIRSAND.COM
touching lives, one head at a time...
ManeDreams

Postby Runner on Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:41 pm

sherrie215 wrote:She says that when she gets there, she sees all of these colors (over 100 and alot more that I dont have listed) and all of the scents (now around 50) and its SENSORY OVERLOAD, she cant decide and she has to LEAVE the website! #-o

LOL!!! That's EXACTLY what happens to me!!! I get all flustered and give up! Then when I go back and look again when I have confidence, I get all flustered again....arrrrgghhh!
Current Install :
21" Malaysian Virgin Remy 6oz
Installed with LG skin-weft style.
Runner

Postby sherrie215 on Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:35 am

hmmm.....maybe I should eliminate some of the options.... :-k

NOT :LOL:

Talk about sensory overload....try being at my house when Im actually making up orders especially scented products. Sometimes I get to a point where i cant tell a difference between scents anymore. Or....I get a certain smell stuck in my nose... :LOL: and thats all I can smell.....

MD, will be looking forward to your feedback. Oh, the single eyeshadow cases snap/stack together too! :D
sherrie215
Site Admin

Postby Runner on Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:36 am

I would LOVE to be at your house when you are mixing stuff. Will you move to CA already? I'll be your assistant!!

Ummm can I make a request?

Can you sell me little samples of all your colors? I love to experiment, and since I'm so indecisive...and I love those huge palletes of colors you can find at some stores...and I want quality stuff (aka what you sell)...well you know what I mean. I know it would be a HUGE project but maybe you can put little bits along on the side and sell it to me? Even if it is loose and in ziplocs I'd LOVE it. I am such an artist that I love playing with color.

I swear that's why I haven't made up my mind yet....so damn indecisive. ](*,)
Current Install :
Runner

Postby Runner on Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:41 am

OH btw...

place a small cup of coffee grounds/beans where you are working, and then sniff it after you smell three different scents. It's suppose to 'clean your pallete" in the nose department. :Y:
Current Install :
Runner

Postby ManeDreams on Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:18 am

ok as i promised i would give feedback
i tired some of the colors today- esp love shamrock- and i LOVE the containers they are in, love how they open and i can stack them if i want.
it goes on real smooth- no flaking onto my cheek what so eva!!
lasted all day- put it on at 10 am and took it off by 8pm- no creasing or fading
i also received a facial moisturier with hydrolic acid.
my face feels good with this on, it is a bit itchy on my neck, but it think its cause the acid is working on some little tiny lines i have there....lol

i was also testing another line someone wants some feedback- its called colorevolution-
its mineral but loose powder all in a stack, it flakes all over my face, not smooth and way to glittery.
the stacks are open, they dont have a cover per container, oh and the cost is outragous.
So far sherrie your line ROCKS!!!!
now i need to try out your foundation. :heart:
WWW.HAIRSAND.COM
touching lives, one head at a time...
ManeDreams

Postby sherrie215 on Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:02 am

Thanks for the coffee grounds tip runner! I will have to try that one!

Thank you for the feedback MD! :D The Mango Hydrating Cream with Hyaluronic acid is a great facial cream/moisturizer.
sherrie215
Site Admin

Postby Katie on Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:02 am

They came! They came and I am playing in them now! They are gorgeous--you cannot capture how beautiful they are with a picture.

And the lipstick--it is the best lipstick I ever used, and I have used almost every kind known to woman.

:heart: I am so happy!
Katie

Postby sherrie215 on Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:35 am

\:D/ wooop woop!!

The pressed eyeshadows are AMAZING! Just remember to use a light touch with your eyeshadow applicator. It was hard for me to get used to that becuase Ive used SO many eyeshadows before that you had to press so hard to pick up color on the applicator~

I use the Lush Lips lipstick too....love it! :D
sherrie215
Site Admin

Postby Katie on Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:24 am

You are right about hte light touch, Sherrie. I have some Prescriptives pressed eye shadow (I *think* it is mineral), and you really have to mash on it to get the eye shadow on the applicator. With yours, you just barely sweep it over the disk and it is perfect.

A report on wear: I am sort of puny today, and thought if my face was nicely decorated :LOL: it would make me feel better. (It did!) But I konked out for two hours, and the only way I could breathe was with my face half-smushed into the pillow. The eye shadow survived! It does not look slept-in nor smooshed-over. :Y:

(Wish I could say the same for the rest of my face, which has a decided seam across my cheek. Oh well.)
Katie

Postby sherrie215 on Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:49 pm

I hope you are feeling better Katie. Ive been a little down and out myself lately... :(

Oh, I posted some pictures of the colors that I sent out over on the MBA forum....check em out

http://addicted2pretty.free-forums.org/ ... -vt13.html
sherrie215
Site Admin

Postby Katie on Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:13 pm

Oh, they are so beautiful! I love them already and I haven't even played with them yet :LOL:

I hope you feel better soon, Sherrie.

I am feeling better--partly because I know we are going on vacation for our anniversary this week, and I don't wanna miss it ;) Nothing like an incentive 8)
Katie

Postby sherrie215 on Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:03 pm

Im ok, not a flu/cold type illness. Its a long time condition that flares up from time to time...feeling better than I did last week! No time for being sick, just gotta keep pushing ahead! :D

I hope you have a great vacation and Happy Anniversary! :D
sherrie215
Site Admin

Postby Katie on Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:40 am

I'm glad you are feeling better than you did!

My new stuff arrived today and it is gorgeous! The apricot is just perfect--exactly what I was looking for, and the Swiss Chocolate (I think that is right?) works great as a liner and shadow. Tomorrow I will play in the others.

Oh--and that lotion bar smells soooo good! Thank you! It came in handy in this dry house--but I want to eat it :LOL:
Katie

Postby sherrie215 on Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:16 am

Here's a picture of some recent colors that I did:

This is Twilight, Gold Bronze and Swiss Chocolate

The Twilight was a 'wierd' color. When in loose shadow form it has a purple/gray color with a deep blue undertone. But pressed, it takes on a very prominent deep blue color. It was my first time pressing this color, so it was a suprise to me to see this one change color almost completely.
sherrie215
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Makeup and Skincare