Silk and Pearl powders

Talk about makeup, share tips and ideas, or talk about the skincare products you like here

Moderator: clipinqueen

Silk and Pearl powders

Postby Katie on Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:23 pm

I couldn't decide which to order, so I ordered both--and for good measure I got the silk *and* pearl powder, too :mrgreen:

Has anyone used these? Which do you prefer?

(Incidentally, I ordered these on Friday and the postman just rang the bell with them--it only took 3 days. Blazing fast speed! Thank you, Sherrie!)

I also got the retractable makeup brush, and I am already in love with it :heart:
Katie

Re: Silk and Pearl powders

Postby sherrie215 on Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:37 pm

Whoa...that was some super fast shipping considering your package went out Sat. morning! Kudos to the USPS! =D>

I have used them all. But the Silk Dust is my fovorite. It leaves your skin feeling like silk. And it will make the rest of your skin feel great too (not only your face). Try putting a dab of your body lotion in your hand and sprinkling a bit of the silk dust into the lotion. It will leave your skin feeling silky smooth. It only takes a TINY bit of the silk powder.

The pearl powder is great too. But its more of a product that the benefits are seen over time. Pearl powder is loaded with beneficial minerals, amino acids and it has anti aging benefits. SO its a great product.

I like both of these product so much that I combined them and made the Perfecting Powder, which also has Allantoin, another great skin care ingredient with softening, moisturizing and anti-aging benefits.

I want to make a pearl cream....another thing on my To Do List (gosh this list is long) #-o Pearls have such amazing skin benefits. They are an ancient chinese secret!

I use the products that I sell. A few years ago. (And I swear it happened at 40 years old exactly) I really started seeing the visible signs of getting older. I hated the way my skin looked. I felt like I aged alot in a very short period of time. (Maybe due to alot of things that went on in my life around that time) but I really became aware of my skin and my AGE. This is when I really started getting into skin care and wanting the healthiest, most natural products that actually give results...Im positive that the products are making a difference in my skin. I feel like my skin looks so much better now than 2 years ago.
sherrie215
Site Admin

Postby Katie on Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:47 am

The Post Office does really well most of the time--in this particular case, I think they outdid themselves :Y:

Pearl powder is loaded with beneficial minerals, amino acids and it has anti aging benefits.

Yes! That is definitely what I am looking for.

Today I tried the combined powders. Tonight I will use the pearl and tomorrow I will use the silk.

You are right about the silk--I put some on my hand and it felt soooo nice and silky! I will try putting some on hand cream when I go upstairs. Can I mix the powder with my moisturizer?

I never paid much attention to aging, but my grandmother taught me to take care of my skin. But lately, I have started noticing that I am looking older-- :XXX: I don't much mind *being* older, but I don't want to *look* older. But I dont want plastic surgery. (My mother was the opposite--she didn't want to *be* older, but didn't mind looking older. That made no sense to me :LOL: )

The new picture looks beautiful, so what you are doing is definitely working 8)
Katie

Postby sherrie215 on Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:15 am

Just be careful not to use the pearl too much, some people say it is a bit drying to their skin if used heavily or frequently. I havent found this, even with my dryer type skin..although I do prefer this one as a night time treatment. And I dont use it every night, just a couple of times a week.

The silk dust, I like to use after my mineral foundation. As a setting powder. It seems to smooth away pores.

You should be able to add a little bit of the silk or pearl to any creams or moisturizers. Although I would suggest just adding a little of it to a dab of the moisturizer/cream that you are going to use in one use, rather than adding a bunch of powder to a whole jar of your cream/moisturizer, as the pearl in particular could have a tendancy to thicken your cream/moisturizer too much.

I agree with you I dont mind being older...just dont want to look older! I grew up with my uncle raising me...so womens skin care was NOT something I learned about growing up, and it didnt really occur to me much... until I started SEEING signs of aging!

I think what Im doing is helping, I just wish I had started doing it years sooner! And I think the mineral makeup is very photogenic too...every little bit helps these days! LOL
sherrie215
Site Admin

Postby Katie on Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:50 am

You look just beautiful!

One thing I noticed after using the pearl powder last night, was that this morning my bangs weren't dirty like they are after being smooshed onto regular night moisturizer. That is a huge benefit for me, since they say not to wash your extensions every day and washing just the top of my head is a stone drag :P

I just want to jump in the pot of silk powder and roll around--it is sooo wonderful.

Mixing it with the hand lotion is great, too! Thanks for the tip! In the winter my hands dry out and feel like cuckle burrs, so it is especially good right now \:D/
Katie

Postby sherrie215 on Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:33 pm

Thank you Katie! :D

Thats interesting about the bangs! Another added benefit :D

A couple of things that will hep dry skin alot is using a chlorine shower filter if you have city water. They are cheap and you can pick em up at any home depot etc etc. The chlorine is very drying. I used to have problems with between my fingers and my nuckles cracking very badly every winter. It hasnt happened since I started using the chlorine filter. Another thing that will help is switching your soap or bodywash/shower gel to a natural or sulfate free product. The non sulfates are less harsh for those prone to dry skin. I used to itch so bad every winter because my skin would get so dry.
sherrie215
Site Admin

Postby sherrie215 on Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:37 pm

BTW...I sent you an Apricot Lip butter. I think you will like this. Its so moisturizing for your lips. I love this stuff and it smells so darn good you could eat it! Its 100% Pure Apricot Butter. SMELLS YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY! :D
sherrie215
Site Admin

Postby Katie on Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:42 am

Oh, yum! Thank you! I love apricot--it smells so good.

Hmmmm--I think I will tell my husband about the chlorine filter--he really suffers from dry skin, especially in the winter.

I have used the pearl powder every night since I got it, and so far it isn't drying at all on me.

I think I like the mixed powder best, though. That way I get the benefits of both. But I am using the pearl at night and playing in the silk all day long and mixing it with lotion, so it isn't as if I don't like them all :LOL:
Katie

Postby Katie on Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:47 am

I'm playing with my new toys now :D

That apricor butter smells wonderful, Sherrie--and the chocolate mousse smells good enough to eat, too. Thank you!

I love the lip squishies--and the colors are so nice. I can never find good russet-toned colors.

Tomorrow I will play in the mineral makeup.

It's like an early Christmas! :mrgreen:
Katie

Postby sherrie215 on Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:17 pm

Katie wrote:

That apricor butter smells wonderful, Sherrie--and the chocolate mousse smells good enough to eat, too. Thank you!

Can ya tell I like stuff that smells good enough you want to eat em! :LOL:

The apricot butter is awesome. I have ALWAYS had super dry lips, no matter what I used for moisture. This stuff is like a treat that I cant live without anymore. I go nutso if I switch purses and forget my apricot butter...its one of my cant live without products these days!
sherrie215
Site Admin

Return to Makeup and Skincare