Review of NARS Blushes

Get the scoop on all of your favorite hair, skin and beauty products in here

Moderator: clipinqueen

Review of NARS Blushes

Postby oh*so*sassy on Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:27 pm

NARS is a brand of make-up, nail color and skin care products that are carried in many higher-end department stores, as well as at Sephora.com or narscosmetics.com.
François Nars:
http://www.narscosmetics.com/acb/stores/1/about_bio.aspx?SID=1&

Now, when it comes to blush, this guy is a genius. I have personally tried several types and colors of his blushes, and they really are the very best.

There is, of course, the infamous "Orgasm" shade. It often gets mentioned in magazines, and has won several reader's and buyer's choice awards.
Orgasm is a peachy-pink shade with a small amount of gold shimmer. It truly does give you an "afterglow"- hence the name, I am sure. Surely it is also a name that very few people will ever forget :lol: .
This shade is amazingly flattering on many skin tones. A similar great shade is "DeepThroat" (another , um, unforgettable name...), which is less pink and more peachy with a slight shimmer. Slightly darker and more cool in tone is "Oasis"; a bit darker even and also cool in tone is "Sin" (good for those with an olive toned complexion). A light, baby-skin pink (good for those who have a porcelain complexion) is Mata Hari.
Those are the five shades that I have worn. Out of all, my personal favorite shade is Orgasm. It has the right balance of warm and cool and light/dark ratio for my skin- which is a very light with neutral undertone. The little bit of shimmer does not look greasy or glittery; rather it just adds a little light reflection which adds to the glow. And GLOW really is the perfect adjective to use when describing the results. Natural after-Glow.

The blushes blend oh-so-well; pigment is high so little is needed. They last well and do not crack easily (that is SOOOO annoying when that happens..!) The compact is mirrored.

NARS blush is always on my list of suggested products! If you have not tried it , you definitely should.
:Y:

ETA: photos
http://www.wickedhairco.com

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." ~~~~ Maya Angelou
oh*so*sassy

Postby sherrie215 on Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:03 am

Excellent review!! Do you know the price range on the Nars blushes?

Catchy names! :LOL:
sherrie215
Site Admin

Postby oh*so*sassy on Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:26 am

Ahh yes. the only drawback. They hover in the $25 range. Expensive for a blush. Good stuff, though! There are those few things that I don't mind paying a little more for... this blush is one of them.
http://www.wickedhairco.com

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." ~~~~ Maya Angelou
oh*so*sassy

Return to Beauty Reviews Central