Hello from a newbie.

Introduce yourself or talk about anything here!

Moderator: clipinqueen

Hello from a newbie.

Postby Magpie on Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:00 am

Hello, everyone!

My name is Magpie, and I am new to the forum. I want to say how helpful this place has been to me already. I really appreciate the atmosphere of helpfulness and generosity on here.
I have already learned so much in a short time. Thank you.

I have worn sewn in wefts for a year and a half. I have always been “hair challenged”, as I have fine textured straight hair, and was born with permanent triangular alopecia spots at the temples. I always dealt with it via perms, coloring, hot tools and product....so (unfortunately) I am no stranger to maintenance.

At forty, I experienced early menopause, and lost a lot of volume in the initial hormonal shed.
That is when I realized I absolutely needed to wear hair. My hair loss was devastating....it was hard to style, and I absolutely need hair to balance my features. I finally had some lovely, high quality wefts installed at a salon, (micro loc tracs for the wefts + some individuals) and they really changed my life! Suddenly, I had my youthful appearance back, and then some. I actually looked more like the “me” I see on the inside.

Needless to say, I am probably going to wear hair for life. But, I want to be in control and not dependent on a salon. I could never afford that long term anyway. So, being a DIY gal anyway, I am trying to educate myself....and this looks like the right place!

I have basically worn out my first wefts....I should have replaced them six months ago,but I was kinda frozen by indecision. Hair quality...method...so many factors. This site helped me to get over some of the fear, and I finally bit the bullet and ordered that hair.

I am very interested in the tape and liquid gold method described in some of the demo pages. Also interested in making my own thin taped wefts. I just ordered some supplies and a tutorial from Singer (thanks!)

So, I just wanted to introduce myself, and hope I don't drive you all crazy with questions.

Magpie
Magpie

Return to Introductions and Chit Chat