Shampoo and Conditioner for Extensions

Talk about, or get help with Shrinks, Links, Fusion, Weaves, Wefts or any extensions method

Moderator: clipinqueen

Postby sherrie215 on Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:42 pm

Runner wrote:
Sofiaone1 wrote:ok....I have been trying the morrocan oil for about 2 weeks now and i don't think its as great as I thought it would be. I was reading the label and it contains alcohol in it too and I know that alcohol is not good for the hair.hmmmmm I think I spent too much on this stuff....I may go back to my cheaper stuff.

Unless it is isopropyl alcohol (rubbing), it is more than likely a fatty alcohol like cetearyl alcohol, which is GOOD for your hair:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatty_alcohol
MorrocainOil claims their product doesn't have alcohol in it though.

Agreed...this used to confuse the heck out of me, until a learned a little bit about some of these ingredients.

Cetearyl Alcohol: this is NOT an ethanol-related product; it is a FAT and is a moisturizer

Cetyl Alcohol: this is NOT an ethanol-related product; it is a FAT and is a moisturizer
An emollient and emulsifier. The term alcohol here is a real disservice to this ingredient as it is really a fat substance. Produced from Palm Oil usually, but it is also found in Coconut and other vegetable oils (it can be made synthetically too). Considered by some sources to be non-comedogenic, it is a moisturizer (not at all a drying alcohol).
sherrie215
Site Admin

Postby sherrie215 on Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:45 am

uggg...I can tell you one NOT to use.

Organix vanilla silk...TERRIBLE stuff.

The shampoo is horrible and left my hair feeling so rough, tangly and dry, I couldnt have even IMAGINED trying to comb my hair out without a conditioner.

The condiioner isnt bad though, although maybe a bit too thick. I had to fight and struggle to get it out of the bottle. I like a thick conditioner, but not so thick that it wont come out of the bottle without beating the hell out of the bottle! :shock:
sherrie215
Site Admin

Postby valentine319 on Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:34 am

Oh Organix, got it during a buy one get one free. Horrible alien looking bottles you keep shaking to get the stuff out. Takes up too much room in the shower. Shampoo didn't do a good job and the conditioner seemed thick but was crap. I have an oily scalp and have use Alagio Mandarin Isle (not sulphate free) shampoo and conditioner. I has a slight orange scent but a nice conditioner. As far as their other versions-the green frizz version is horridly heavy with shea butter and weighs my hair down and I haven't tried the hawaiin nut version. I read ingredients and like the Alagio Mandarin so far. I do of course use Suave daily clarifying if I feel really oily headed and need a good clean but not dish soap clean.
Valentine
valentine319

Postby clipinqueen on Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:08 pm

OK....well, no Organix for me!! I do not need a battle in the shower! :LOL:

That Alagio sounds good, though. I have heard good things about it elsewhere as well. Thanks for the reviews/feedback you guys! :D
clipinqueen

Postby Tanhair on Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:03 am

Well if anyone wants to try some proclaim or swap a sample of their fav hair fix/serum, I can try to mail a sample of proclaim out using one of those little baggies which I could put inside another baggie so it doesnt escape/ooze out all over. I think I (can try anyway) to send it in an envelope. I only have those forever stamps so I have no idea what stamps cost these days, probably 3dollars by now:) That way if you hate it, ur not stuck w/a big bottle of stuff. I hate when that happens.
Tanhair

Re: Shampoo and Conditioner for Extensions

Postby Tanhair on Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:33 pm

Went to sally's and got the silk elliments poo/condit. Works pretty nice. I still like the Sulfate free aloe vera poo/condit by Leahday or l'bri products. I dont have anything to do with people selling it, I just tried it and like it. I think the silk ellements is a close second tho.

I have only used the proclaim serum in the clear/green rounded top container. I dont know abou the sprays and other bottles it comes in. I did get a red bottle for heat protection. I should have opened the bottle. It stinks. It smells like that nasty fake cherry. I dont like it and am going to try to return it, since Im not going to use it. The one in the green/clear bottle smells nice and lite, not discusting. The smell doesnt stay around either and clash w/any other fragrances etc.
Tanhair

Postby clipinqueen on Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:20 pm

^^^Tan, I gotta say, I love Garnier Leave in creme as well! It does smell heavenly. Actually, most of their products smell dreamy!

One thing I will add is that a little bit of oil (like Olive Oil or Vitamin E oil) mixed with silicone serum can do wonders for the hair = moroccan oil. I am also tempted to try to buy the Argan oil itself and mix it with any serum -- I bet that would work just as well as moroccan oil.
clipinqueen

Postby sherrie215 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:23 pm

we must be on the same wavelength clipinqueen. I was thinking about buying the argan oil too. I have most of the other ingredients on hand and I can get the argan oil by the quart for pretty reasonable.
sherrie215
Site Admin

Postby geri on Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:58 am

How do u put conditioner on top of your hair under a cap without getting conditioner on wefts? Im afraid the conditioner would loosed the wefts
geri

Postby clipinqueen on Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:07 pm

sherrie215 wrote:we must be on the same wavelength clipinqueen. I was thinking about buying the argan oil too. I have most of the other ingredients on hand and I can get the argan oil by the quart for pretty reasonable.

\:D/ :Y: OK, Sherrie, now see...that is a great idea. I would even buy some off of you and mix it with my serum. Let me know if you have any extra and I will buy it from you! Thanks.
clipinqueen

Postby clipinqueen on Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:09 pm

geri wrote:How do u put conditioner on top of your hair under a cap without getting conditioner on wefts? Im afraid the conditioner would loosed the wefts

Well...I'll tell you, everyone is different. Some seem to be OK when they do it; others not so lucky. I actually put conditioner on my natural hair (at the top) when I get out of the shower. I try to separate out all of it from the wefts (mohawk) and then carefully apply the conditioner on it. Then I twist it and clip it. Then I blend the conditioner through the rest of the extension hair. All of that gets clipped up in a bun behind my head. Then I throw the bag on!!! :LOL: NEVER have I had slipping from that.
clipinqueen

Postby geri on Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:40 am

Thanks, Ill have to try that, Im always afraid of getting conditioner on my wefts but Im useing the new blue tape and seems to hold alot better for me so may not make a difference if I do get a little conditioner on wefts.
geri

Previous

Return to Extensions