Hi everyone, is tape in method best for thin hair?

Talk about, or get help with Shrinks, Links, Fusion, Weaves, Wefts or any extensions method

Moderator: clipinqueen

Re: Hi everyone, is tape in method best for thin hair?

Postby asinnamon on Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:13 pm

As someone with an itchy, sensativ scalp, I can feel your paine ! Yes, tape is very gentle as long as you use the right remover(personally I use acetone). I would also say try the supertape, it sticks well and doesn't leave a bunch of goo. The beard on a weft, or the return hair that gets folded over during wefting can be ver irritating. I hate hate hate the beard! I don't understand why every weft company can't trim that sucker when they are sewing the weft!! I kno my life would be easier for it and I would pay more too! Anywho...trimming it carefully will help and using a wider tape, like the 1 inch size will help too. Theorhetically, you can trim the beard down and then get the rest of it taken care of inside thetape...
Current Install: Belorio & Singer's Tape
asinnamon

Postby Sofiaone1 on Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:43 am

Hi Lynn

I have super fine thin hair too and here is my own experience with various methods.

I tried a sew in.... and hated it. It felt so bulky, and heavy and it felt like it was pulling on my hair a lot. This is the method where I lost the most hair upon removal. The tracks were done well but the hair was just too bulky for me and I hated the thickness from the track plus the weft.

I have worn fusion installs (individuals) on and off for 5 years and really haven't noticed any "hair loss" from this method then when I don't wear extensions at all. It was all normal shedding and my hair actually gets healthier and longer b/c I fuss less. This method I usually wear for about 8 weeks (it lasts the longest but is also the priciest for me)....i get it done professionally as I can never get the back of my head myself with fusion plus I don't have the patience to do it.

I wear skin wefts with super tape in between the fusion installs to save $$$. I find them super easy to do, I do them in small sections about 2-3" so there is less weight on my own hair. I find them super easy to remove with the C-22 (which works great on my hair for removal) and there is no residue after one shampoo. Only problem with this method is that I cannot wear it more than 3 weeks......it starts to get loose and hangs more. I also haven't seen any "hair loss" with this method either.

In between, I wear clipins (line clipinqueen) when I want to deep condition/pamper/baby my own hair and also let my hair breathe for a couple of weeks.....clipins give you a lot of freedom since you can take them out so easily to condition your hair/sleep/etc.
Definitely never saw any hair loss with this one either.

With all methods, I used a very meticulous/slow/careful process to remove the extensions and babied my hair so that i wouldn't tear/pull my own hair.

hope that helps
Sofiaone1

Postby HVBLONDE70 on Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:27 am

Hello
Sofia
I have wefts sewn in right know, I absolutley hate them. My head itches and they feel so bulky. I am actully having them takin out tonight.............I'm so scared of the hair loss thing, horrified actually.
I also just ordered the Sexy Tresses pre-taped from Sherrie, I have not received them yet, but this will be my first experience with tape. What kind of shampoo and conditioner do you use on your hair when you have tape on 's in?
Fusion method, isn't that very expensive like 1200.00, I just cannot justify that myself, because I have three children, some people can afford it and I say go for it. It just seems that I have seen so many people on these forums who do everything themselves and it looks great. I am very glad to hear that you have no hair loss from the tape method. I am assuming you just spray your hair with the oil and let it soak, then slide them out? and then what type of shampoo do you use to get all of the oil out of your hair?
You have been very helpful and I thank you.
HVBLONDE70

Postby ashleybelle83 on Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:12 pm

my hair is super dry and fragile on the ends anyway, so i pretty much just spray olive oil spray on the tapes and heat it up with a dryer and the tapes come out pretty easily. obviously, they come out easier with a remover like c-22 or something like that, but i just use whatever i have. with my hair, the c22 works instantly. i just spray it on and rub the tapes a little and it literally slides right out. i think any time you use a type of oil to take them out, you probably need to use a clarifying shampoo a few times to get it out... buuuuut its worth it :)
ashleybelle83

Postby Sofiaone1 on Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:50 am

Hi Lynn

Usually with the tapes in, i use the Loreal sulfate free shampoo and conditioner. I lift the hair where the wefts are and kinda pat shampoo above and below them and then when I condition, I only condition the hair where it doesn't touch the tapes. When I remove the tapes, I spray the c-22 only on the wefts area...near the ends and where the hair attaches to the weft....let it sit for a few mins and then gently lift them up while still spraying some more c-22 to ensure I don't yank any of my own hair. I then shampoo my hair with neutragena clarifying shampoo twice, do a light conditioning treatment and Viola ....my hair is back to normal with no residue ...ready for my clipins or the next install.

by the way, I have one kid now and am expecting two more so I will be with you in having three kids.

As for the cost for fusion, I only get about a 100 strands put in ....mainly for volume rather than length and it runs about $600 at the fancy salon for me but it lasts at least 8-10 weeks so it ends up averaging about the same cost as tapes.

I buy the pre-made tapes like SHerries as I am way to busy and lazy to do them myself...... The tapes cost me about $80-100 per install and lasts about 3 weeks.

best,
Sofiaone
Sofiaone1

Postby Sofiaone1 on Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:03 am

correction on my post....tapes cost me half that of fusion.....duh...its late and I wasn't doing the math very well.
Sofiaone1

Previous

Return to Extensions