what kind of wefts for highlighted hair?

Talk about, or get help with Shrinks, Links, Fusion, Weaves, Wefts or any extensions method

Moderator: clipinqueen

what kind of wefts for highlighted hair?

Postby prncezzral on Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:21 am

Hello,

Have not been here in a long while. Have not had extensions in a while but was thinking of getting some for some fullness and bit of length. I have been highlighting my hair for the last 2 yrs and this year a lot broke off about midway so want to fill it in a bit. I used to use bohyme and jetset but I see that jetset does not even have the same products anymore and I do not think you can lift bohyme to match the highlights. Any suggestions?? I am going to get a sew in. Probably 3 rows double wefted. I get it highlighted at aveda. They use a #4 lowlight and bleach for highlights with a blue violet toner. The brown always fades out quick to a sort of light brownish like color. Here are some photos of my hair highlighted so you can get an idea of colors i could use or what to do :)http://public.fotki.com/prncezzral/current/
prncezzral

Re: what kind of wefts for highlighted hair?

Postby clipinqueen on Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:58 pm

Hi Prncezzral;

I do the same mix of colours for my hair extensions. I would just buy one pack of a light blonde (like 22, 24 or #613) and one pack of dark brown (eg. #8 or #6). Don't get too hung up on matching colours exactly. It is amazing how colours will blend with your own to look quite natural. Take one weft of dark and place it over or under the other weft of blonde and you will create highlighted hair! If you want a lighter look, place more blonde over the brown. Play with it a bit before you go to the salon. Don't bother with getting them to colour the hair; it's not that serious! :LOL: I tend to buy my hair from Chinese vendors, so I won't refer you to any brands, although Bohyme is always pretty good. Good luck!
clipinqueen

Re: what kind of wefts for highlighted hair?

Postby frenchie on Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:47 am

Totally agree with clipin about the blending of the colors... it always end up working, especially if you are using 2/3 different shades.
Its quite surprising
Frenchie
frenchie

Return to Extensions