HELP!!! LG glue

Talk about, or get help with Shrinks, Links, Fusion, Weaves, Wefts or any extensions method

Moderator: clipinqueen

HELP!!! LG glue

Postby LauraJ on Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:11 am

Help I don't know what to do I have been using LG for my installs since 2008 but they have recently changed the formula & I am stuck ( or un stuck..LOL) this new formula will not hold up in the shower i have done a compete install waited more the 24hrs take a shower & the whole thing falls out I am afraid to take a shower (lol) I have conacted the manufacture and although they were nice enuff to send me a free sample of there product I was hoping they had some of the old product left they do not & will not be making it the old way any more PLEASE PLEASE i need either the old LG or a recomdation of a new glue that is extemely sweat & water restistant ... thank you LJ
LauraJ

Re: HELP!!! LG glue

Postby LauraJ on Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:54 am

I can't believe no one has responded to my post guess this site isn't what it used to be
LauraJ

Postby frenchie on Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:44 pm

Hi there Laura!
The forum has been a bit quiet lately, it is what it is...
So anyway, as far as the LG goes, did you use the new squeeze bottle or the regular glass bottle?
The squeeze bottles have a thiner texture in my opinion and are great for touchups, but if I wanted to do a whole new installs, I would never use this one. Doesnt hold up for me.
The regular glass bottles LG has had a thiner texture as well for a while, then they corrected it and it got bck to a thicker formula. Thicker or thiner though, the glass bottle LG still holds as strong as it used to in my opinion. If you have issues with the texture being too thin and messy to apply, you can open up the bottle and let it air out for a few hours or even a day, until the texture thickens by itself.
Hope this helps!
Frenchie
frenchie

Postby clipinqueen on Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:38 pm

^^^I agree with Frenchie. You can get the glass bottles on Ebay still, I believe. Funny, I was just going to try my new squeeze tube of Liquid Gold! Every time I buy a glass bottle, it hardens before I can use it now. LOL. I love the idea of the squeeze tube. I hope it holds, but then again, I use tapes with just a little glue on them. Also, are you sure you haven't done anything new to your hair or started taking any new meds? This can mess with your hair/scalp.
clipinqueen

Postby LauraJ on Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:34 pm

Hi ladies thanks for the reply .... I normally used the LG in the squeeze bottle which I have been told they don't make any more .. I've tried the new tube & it's terrible the glue dries white & flaky & does not hold up when wet for now I've been using the LG in the little glass bottle but for the past 5 months or so the formula seems different & it doesnt hold up when I shower I've tried two different lace front glues for a weft install & topstick tape all with no luck.. I'm really in a bind as I have practically no real hair & Must Wear weave ALL the time .... The one thing I'm doing differently is sealing the weft with Dritz no fray I wonder if this is affecting the glue ???
LauraJ

Postby frenchie on Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:41 am

If you are working with the glass bottle type of LG, and your formula isnt too thin, then it could very well be that spray thing...
Frenchie
frenchie

Postby LauraJ on Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:45 pm

Hi sorry I've been gone so long what I put on my hair was dritz fray check which is a weft sealer ... Any way I gather from the replies nobody else has notice a change I the LG glue in the past 6 months ?? That being said can someone PLEASE recommend a waterproof glue that I can try I'm spending a fortune trying brand after brand & having to do installs every time I shower .. Please I'm a desperate to solve this problem as I can NOT go without my hair thanks LJ
LauraJ

Postby clipinqueen on Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:05 pm

Hi Laura; I totally feel your pain! LOL. I would recommend you go on a hair loss site that sells tapes and glues. Do some research in the forums there and see what people are liking/disliking. You have not mentioned that you use tapes; have you tried them? You may need to use two different adhesives to get the hold you want. Maybe try Supertape with LG or some other glue on top of it (or a lace glue?).
clipinqueen

Postby zephyr on Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:19 am

LG in the UK seems different now. At one time it held for ages, but now it seems thinner and not as good. You could always use PROTAC TAPE instead on the weft. If applied correctly this tape can last at least 6 weeks if looked after correctly. Do not apply conditioner to the tape, as this will make it slip. Hope this helps :D
Zephyr Beau-Bradley (tutor)
ILM TRAINER - CITY & GUILDS

http://www.connect-2-hair.co.uk
CONNECT-2-HAIR TRAINING ACADEMY
zephyr

Return to Extensions