best way to double wefts

Talk about, or get help with Shrinks, Links, Fusion, Weaves, Wefts or any extensions method

Moderator: clipinqueen

best way to double wefts

Postby babyblaze on Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:06 am

Looking for advice or maybe opinions..

which is the best way to double your wefts? Is it better (and I guess when I say better I mean: easier, long lasting, not too thick) to put the wefts directly on top of each other and sew them together then install. Either with the LG and/or protac on the wefts? Or is it better to LG the wefts (one directly on top of another) together and then install the protac and/or LG or is it better to use the protac place one weft on it then run a bead of LG directly under the maching weft and place the second weft "edge" directly under the other. Then install using LG and/or LG. I'm just not sure which is best.

I don't know if it's a good idea to place the 2nd weft directly below the other due to glueing it on the hair rather than the machine wefting. seems like it might damage the hair more?? But when you sew two wefts or glue two wefts together placing the machine wefts directly on top of each other it's kinda thick.

So if anyone has any thoughts or suggestions I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!
babyblaze

Postby sherrie215 on Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:32 am

I think its just a matter of preference. I stagger mine and glue them one just below the track of the other. They lay flatter and Ive never damaged the hair from doing it that way. Glueing them together is temporary though. If you want them to last longer sewing is the way to go. Best thing to do is sew around the track and not through it.
sherrie215
Site Admin

Postby nursie on Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:43 pm

ditto on sewing is longer lasting, i make a really tight knot every inch or so and they really hold together well....because i really scrub aggressively to get off all the stickyness of the protac after i take them down, so you want the thread to be really secure or else that scrubbing will undo it all

while i like a little dab of LG to help hold down edges of protac every now and then, i avoid using it as much as possible, im just all fumbly with LG, ....i leave strings of it everywhere every time i open a bottle !
current install 3/1/07: 4-5oz Bohyme french refined,color #24- recolored/toned by me to colors #16,14,18,27-Protac/LG
nursie

Postby Gina E on Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:04 pm

Is everyone handsewing the micro and handtied?
I've ran machine wefts on a sewing machine for clipins...
Just curious!!
Gina E

Return to Extensions