My Full Lace Wig

Talk about wigs, hairpieces, clip ons in here!

Moderator: clipinqueen

My Full Lace Wig

Postby Denise on Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:09 pm

After viewing the pictures on here and on BHM I decided to get a full lace wig and have been watching videos on youtube on the tutorials that they have on there.

Thought I would just show you the end result of my full lace wig.

http://public.fotki.com/hotlocks/full-lace-unit/

Password: enter
Denise

Re: My Full Lace Wig

Postby sherrie215 on Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:56 pm

Oh how beautiful!! It looks very natural. Is it hard to put on a lacefront? And how long do you leave it on at a time?
sherrie215
Site Admin

Postby Denise on Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:08 pm

Well to be honest I wasnt really impressed with the fitting service as it came lose at the back within hours and the fitting service wasnt cheap, within 24 hours it was lose at the back but very secure at the front. I have emailed the person who fitted it for me and she is fitting it again for me free of charge.

The wig is lovely and I have been watching videos on youtube and I think if i follow the step by step process I dont think I would have a problem

When i had it fitted when I purchased it I found that some of the baby hairs where stuck to the adhesive and it made the adhesive look a darker shade than my forehead. To be honest I think it was a rush job lol.

I will ask her to refit it without getting the baby hairs stuck to the adhesive at the front of my forehead. But its extremely comfortable and my own hair is quite short so its nice to have longer hair again.

I am going to purchase a lighter shade but will look elsewhere for another vendor.
Denise

Postby metalgirl70 on Tue May 19, 2009 2:37 pm

Your wig looks great!

I think I am going to make the plunge into lace wigs too. My hair is really thin and after 25 years of wearing extensions, I think my hair needs a break.

I am going to use www.zarawigs.com to make my wig. They are a middle man for an Asian vendor, so it won't be dirt cheap, but after talking with them extensively on the phone, I think they really know what they are doing.

I am the fortune of living near their headquarters, so I am going to have one of their reps come to my salon and take my measurements for my head. That's great customer service.

For adhering your wig, just keep playing around with tapes and adhesives until you find something that works for you.

Good luck!
metalgirl70

Postby Summer on Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:59 pm

Wow, it is so beautiful and it looks great on you. I never could guess that it was a wig! The babyhairs look great.
Summer

Postby clipinqueen on Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:33 pm

Another one I missed the boat on! haha. Denise, your wig looks great and I hope your second fitting was better for you. From reading BHM, I notice many women have the problem of a loose nape. In fact, that may be a spot where you never have complete satisfaction. You may try a wig clip back there -- it would also be easier for self-installs. Thanks for sharing your pic. :D
clipinqueen

Postby SarahLee001 on Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:12 pm

Your Style look awesome, i like it.
http://www.BBHairextensions.com Provides all types of Hair Extensions. If you are looking for any type of Hair Extensions collection then Blue Butterfly Hair Extensions The Best Place.
SarahLee001

Return to Wigs and Hair Pieces