Closure or Integration?

Talk about wigs, hairpieces, clip ons in here!

Moderator: clipinqueen

Closure or Integration?

Postby asinnamon on Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:03 pm

Mom's hair is getting really thin at the crown. It's almost starting to get to where I cannot hide her extensions very well. I'd like to install some type of hair piece that would add to her hair, be gentle and be long wearing. She will not do anything with her extensions herself. She is blonde, I dont know if that makes a difference....TIA!
Current Install: Belorio & Singer's Tape
asinnamon

Re: Closure or Integration?

Postby clipinqueen on Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:45 pm

You probably won't get this Asin, but I wanted to reply to your post. Sorry for the late response.

I am currently wearing a blonde closure from MikeMary.cn -- very cheap and appears to be good quality. It is Chinese Remy, french lace, 3" x 4" and about 16 inches in length. I ordered two in their lightest blondes to get a feel for what the colours would look like.

I used Supertape strips and a 'pinch' of liquid gold (squeeze bottle) to install it. It's placed about midway back from my hairline. I need to take a pic, but I'm too darn lazy! I will say that it's undetectable and VERY easy to wear. I have found since wearing pieces very high up or completely covering my crown, that my own hair is growing very nicely and is healthier than ever! However, my own hair is still too short to achieve the style I would like to with extensions. I still wear taped pieces high up and then cover them (on the sides and back) with the closure. it really looks quite seamless and is not bulky at all.
clipinqueen

Postby BossyLibraryLady on Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:24 pm

Ooh, please do share some pics! I'm still flirting with the possibility of a closure but am not 100 percent clear on how to install one without doing a weave. Did you just tape and glue the closure to your loose hair or did you have to cornrow it first?
BossyLibraryLady

Postby asinnamon on Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:20 pm

Oohh! Please take some photos!! I just can't picture a taped hair piece at the crown?? I still want to get Mom some type of top piece instead of extensions. She is just too thin on top. She did atleast change her hair color to a #6, so herh air looks better, less like dried bleached hay :-k
Current Install: Belorio & Singer's Tape
asinnamon

Return to Wigs and Hair Pieces