Aphogee treatment prior to coloring

Ask for advice on coloring, bleaching, etc.

Moderator: clipinqueen

Aphogee treatment prior to coloring

Postby nursie on Sat May 13, 2006 11:44 pm

i had some rare few moments of time to kill, and i spent it in Sally beauty supply...where normally the people that work there are about as helpful as a dustball, today this wonderfully helpful young girl talked and talked about all these products that i never knew about......

after feeling my hair (yes, MY hair...up around the crown, not the extension hair) she recommended that i should be using APHOGEE protein treatments before i color my hair. so i bought that and the aphogee moisturizer which you use after and my hair does feel much much much more super smooth....it is a bit stinky (you know i like to smell everything) and as the bottle warns you do not want to do ANYTHING especially not combing/brushing while the treatment hardens/dries on your hair...after you rinse you MUST use some deep moisturizer......at any rate, im using semipermenant blonde to tone me down at bit and this helped it hold very well

finally, the girl that helped me was sporting her own weave....and she uses the aphogee on her extension hair every six weeks to strengthen it and 'bring it back from the dead'

anyway, is there anything else hidden in sally beauty supply that ya'll use that i should know about ? :wink: hmmmmmmmmmmmm???
nursie

Postby sherrie215 on Sun May 14, 2006 1:07 am

nursie wrote:

finally, the girl that helped me was sporting her own weave....and she uses the aphogee on her extension hair every six weeks to strengthen it and 'bring it back from the dead'

hmmmm, interesting. Ive heard of the Aphogee treatment before, but never tried it!
sherrie215
Site Admin

Re: Aphogee treatment prior to coloring

Postby kttylover2 on Sun May 14, 2006 3:19 am

nursie wrote:......at any rate, im using semipermenant blonde to tone me down at bit and this helped it hold very well

What color are your roots and what do u se use to get your great blonde, I love it!!!!!BTW, do u do it yourself?
kttylover2

Postby nursie on Sun May 14, 2006 9:53 am

my own hair is a dishwater /ashy blonde...and thats the color of my roots,i had been using Loreal Excellence (im not sure the number, but it was the box with heather locklear on it).....but now i am using Clairol natural instincts in sunflower now to make everything a light golden blonde (in extension talk: a #24)........it doesnt take much for my hair to become too light (back in the 80's when everyone else was using sun-in to get orangey hair i ended up with white) anyway, this morning i keep feeling the top of my head, the hair feels so much smoother after using that treatment, the next time im ready to shampoo im gong to put the treatment in my extensions and i'll let ya'll know what happens
nursie

Postby prncezzral on Thu May 18, 2006 9:50 am

what is the aphogee exactly?
prncezzral

Postby nursie on Thu May 18, 2006 10:06 pm

its a protein treatment......

hmmm, i cant quite remember where i read about protein/moisture balance the first time.....but this link was informative:

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/forum_p ... 392&KW=101

i've used some other protein reconstructor treatments in the past, but the Aphogee is a 'heavy' treatment, i also bought the moisturizer and use a dab of it on the very ends as a leave in
nursie

Postby nursie on Fri May 19, 2006 1:12 pm

here's what the aphogee site says about their product:

http://www.aphogee.com/aphogeetreatment.cfm
nursie

Postby prncezzral on Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:17 am

are you still using this nursie? Im thinking of getting this today. I have some broken hairs from the highlights and don't want anymore so I thought this may help
prncezzral

Postby nursie on Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:34 pm

i do still use it, before each time i touch up my roots...ive changed the way i do a lot of things to my hair, so i cant be sure that THIS is is the one thing that is making a difference, but my hair aint breaking off like it was :)
current install 3/1/07: 4-5oz Bohyme french refined,color #24- recolored/toned by me to colors #16,14,18,27-Protac/LG
nursie

Postby Naked Eye on Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:11 pm

Ohh, I'm excited to try too! I love Sally's, I live there practically.

Another thing that's good there is Elexors (sp?) Millenia Mud (sp again?) I don't have the bottle around me right now, so I am not sure if I got that right. It worked amazing, I don't know how it compares to this stuff, but that I used on my reg hair and extensions, and I just loved it!!
Naked Eye

Postby nursie on Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:50 pm

ooooh i have had the millenia mud and loved it......i am a hair product whore....there, i said it
current install 3/1/07: 4-5oz Bohyme french refined,color #24- recolored/toned by me to colors #16,14,18,27-Protac/LG
nursie

Postby prncezzral on Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:33 am

I tried it last thursday. Wow it sure stinks!! I still get a faint smell of it when I wash my hair. Must take a while to get that smell out. I can't really tell a difference yet. I still have little broken hairs after blowdrying. I'll try the mud next
prncezzral

Postby athena on Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:35 pm

Nursie, are you still using this product? "Product Whore" I love it. I guess I am too, I could open a Sally's in my basement! I actually had to go out and by plastic bins to keep the products. :lol:
athena

Return to Bleaching/Dying