Lemonade?

Ask for advice on coloring, bleaching, etc.

Moderator: clipinqueen

Lemonade?

Postby sherrie215 on Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:25 am

I cant help but laugh at myself posting this but.....

A couple of weeks ago my daughter and friend were once again dying her hair. (YES, STILL..well she has been using Manic Panic or something similar)

But anyway....she was re-dying the underlayer a dark pink and got some of the dark pink on the top layer of her blonde hair, her friend called her mother (who is a stylist) and she told her to go to the store and get some lemonade mix and she applied that (like a thick paste) to the spots of pink and it actually removed the pink. I looked at them like the were completely NUTS...but it worked!
sherrie215
Site Admin

Postby oh*so*sassy on Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:20 am

WOW- I have not heard of the lemonade method before! lol...
Good to know it worked, though!
http://www.wickedhairco.com

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." ~~~~ Maya Angelou
oh*so*sassy

Postby sherrie215 on Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:28 am

Im not sure if this will work on permanent colors. She was using panic panic or specialfx or something similar. Although on her blonde and very porous hair the color really grabs.

This was a new one to me too...I looked at these girls like they had lost their minds when they said they were running to the store to get lemonade to correct it! I think I heard mention of koolaid too...I will have to ask for sure if they used a lemonade concentrate or a Koolaid lemonade mix. I remember seeing a yellow paste that they applied it to her hair...I learned along time ago to just stay out when they are doing hair. I get panic-y when they are putting dyes and chemicals on each others heads! LOL
sherrie215
Site Admin

Postby BunnyWabbit on Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:16 am

I actually heard about something similar being done when henna is used - manic panic, sfx, a lot of those are vegan veggie dyes, so in a weird way, it makes sense to me, though I don't quite get how it would work. Apperenly HONEY of all things works for fading henna!
BunnyWabbit

Postby oh*so*sassy on Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:26 am

It probably has to do with the high amount of citric acid in lemonade. That's be my guess, at least. :wink:

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." ~~~~ Maya Angelou
oh*so*sassy

Postby sherrie215 on Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:11 am

that would be my guess too...but it really took me by surprise at the time!
sherrie215
Site Admin

Postby sherrie215 on Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:54 pm

it was actually koolaid lemonaid mix according to my daughter.
sherrie215
Site Admin

Postby oh*so*sassy on Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:46 pm

bazaar??
Maybe Koolaid is like Coca-cola. So acidic that when you drop a nail in a bottle of Coke overnight, it will be dissolved into powdery semi-nothingness in the morning :shock:

oh*so*sassy

Postby athena on Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:23 pm

On another forum, they actually use Cinnamon as a lightener. Use Cinnamon and conditioner. Wet hair, wring out. comb tangles out of hair. Distribute mixture evenly leave on overnight, rinse then shampoo. I have never used this method, but they say it works. I like the idea of not using chemicals on the hair.
athena

Re: Lemonade?

Postby jennzy on Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:57 pm

ive heard people can dye their hair using sugar free koolaids if you have light blonde hair

but ive never heard that you can get veggie dyes out using lemonade paste
thats soo cool!

another tip for your daughter and friend, when dying their hair partially with veggie dyes and they have light hair, coat conditioner on the portion of hair not being dyed
jennzy

Return to Bleaching/Dying