Gray Hair or is it Grey???

Ask for advice on coloring, bleaching, etc.

Moderator: clipinqueen

Gray Hair or is it Grey???

Postby KrystalR on Tue May 13, 2008 6:35 pm

Anyway. I have a funny question. Maybe someone knows a little more about this. And I'm not overly concerned about this topic. Just curious...
I don't have a lot of gray hair but there are some and I'm sure I will be getting more.
But, these gray ones are completely different from my other hair!!!
I have a lot of hair but it's fine and straight. The gray hairs are thick and wiry!!! ANd they seem to have a mind of their own. They stick up and nothing will make them lie down flat.
I always wanted wavy hair but these hairs are beyond wavy. Am I going to end up with wiry thick hair once I get more gray?
:shock:
KrystalR

Postby blainewitch on Wed May 14, 2008 1:51 pm

Hi Krystal, I started getting those weird grey/gray hairs when I was about 28, and I kinda hoped that maybe I would grow a head full of thicker hair, that would need to be dyed eventually. Unfortunately it never grew into a thick head of hair. If I was not dying my hair I would be full salt and pepper-ish (med brown not dark), with heavy gray streaks in front (these were my first to gray and I liked it, ppl thought I died it this way). This was the 1st time, since I was 13, that I didn't color my hair. My gray looked like natural highlights at first. It was cool, young women would compliment my color and ask who did it, because it looked so natural ... well it was natural ...natural gray ... hehehe
I guess they eventually just mellowed out and blended? The more gray I became, the more they blended. I dye my hair now and I cannot pick out those funky little wiry ones anymore.
My friend is just getting those and she describes them as gray pubes that are lost and growing in the wrong place. :lol:
blainewitch

Postby KrystalR on Sat May 17, 2008 8:49 pm

Oh Blainewitch... I guess that means I'm not going to have to deal with errant pubes for hair much longer but, I 'm also not going to end up with that thick mane of wavy highlighted hair either. :lol:
Well, I think your hair looks beautiful , so , whatever you are doing is the right thing.
KrystalR

Postby blainewitch on Tue May 20, 2008 10:29 am

Thanks you KrystalR. This is the first time in my life that I really do like my hair. It is worth the hassle.
blainewitch

Return to Bleaching/Dying