Dying blonde Bohyme wefts dark brown

Ask for advice on coloring, bleaching, etc.

Moderator: clipinqueen

Dying blonde Bohyme wefts dark brown

Postby Maja on Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:34 am

Like it says in the subject box, my hair is now really dark brown, and I' m thinking of dying my bohyme to match, it's #16 & #18, does anyone have any experience with that, I know that blonde hair lacks red pigment and therefore tends to get a green sheen to it when it is dyed darker, but has anyone tried with just regular hairdye like L'oreal or Schwarzkopf?
Maja

Re: Dying blonde Bohyme wefts dark brown

Postby blainewitch on Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:00 pm

I dyed some 613 to a level 3. I only dyed the weft part, because I used the 613 for streaks in my level 3 hair. I had to dye the wefts so the straight white weft would not stand out. This part seemed to take they dye well, but I cannot attest to evenness, since I only dyed the 1st 1/2 inch of the weft.
I suggest that you try dying a small practice piece and see how the color takes.

I am sure that I used Redken Color Fusion when I dyed my 613, but I don't think the brand really mattered. I would not have used a neutral, gold or ash, because I never do.... it would have probably been a brown-copper tone.
blainewitch

Postby valentine319 on Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:26 am

Buy a porofill or a colored filler sold at Sally's use it through the entire length of the hair. It ensures you end up with the exact same color through the hair. Sometimes the ends will dye a different color. I agree with the doing a test piece.
Valentine
valentine319

Postby jennzy on Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:40 am

ive gone from #4 to a colour between #1b and 2

i just went to the drug store and bought a boxed colour with no amonia
it turned out nice except make sure you get into the weft portion of it, because i have random brassy spots lol
jennzy

Postby Maja on Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:49 pm

Well, about the wefts, mine are sealed so they probably won't take the dye, and also I think there is a difference from 16/18 to 1b og 2 and dying #4 because the blonde hair lack red pigments and therefore ther is a chance it turn out brown with a green sheen.
But thanks for your input. I still havn't gotten around to doing it.
Maja

Postby jennzy on Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:47 pm

Maja wrote:Well, about the wefts, mine are sealed so they probably won't take the dye, and also I think there is a difference from 16/18 to 1b og 2 and dying #4 because the blonde hair lack red pigments and therefore ther is a chance it turn out brown with a green sheen.
But thanks for your input. I still havn't gotten around to doing it.

same rule will apply as dying real hair going blonde to black or dark brown
dye it in reddish brown then the next colour to avoid getting the green
jennzy

Postby Maja on Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:27 am

Thanks. It sounds like a plan.
Maja

Postby FabulousHairExt on Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:04 am

I would reccomend trying to find a color line that has a color with filler mixed into the formula already. This would stop the need to color the hair twice. Goldwell makes one, so does Scruples Blazing. I use the scruples blazing lowlights on all of my clients that want to go back brown from blonde. Check ebay if you can't find it in any online stores. As for the weft, I just us a magic marker in the same color as the hair! HTH
"Love me, Hate me! Say what you want about me, but all the boys and all the girls are begging to IF YOU SEEK AMY"!

www.myspace.com/GlamHairGoddess
FabulousHairExt

Return to Bleaching/Dying