Highlift of Bleach?

Ask for advice on coloring, bleaching, etc.

Moderator: clipinqueen

Highlift of Bleach?

Postby digitalpussi on Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:18 pm

I am wondering if I can achieve the same results with using a high lift blond for my hair instead of the 20 vol bleach I typically use? I've always used bleach to lighten, but have been reading about high lifts blonds with them being slightly less damaging. I need to get my hair to at least to the level of a 613. I am not sure what level my hair is at right now, and if it can be lightened enough with a high lift.

Here's what my crappy hair looks like right now. It hasn't been natural like this in years, but not for long :twisted:
digitalpussi

Re: Highlift of Bleach?

Postby ashleybelle83 on Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:58 pm

if you are wanting to get to a 613, i would still use bleach. your natural color could easily lighten with a 20 volume peroxide, though because its already so light. i'd stick with the bleach and use a 20 vol. if youre worried about damage, you can add a tad of conditioning oil to the bleach mixture and it will penetrate into the shaft when the cuticles open. won't hurt the bleaching process \:D/
ashleybelle83

Postby digitalpussi on Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:32 pm

ashleybelle83 wrote:if you are wanting to get to a 613, i would still use bleach. your natural color could easily lighten with a 20 volume peroxide, though because its already so light. i'd stick with the bleach and use a 20 vol. if youre worried about damage, you can add a tad of conditioning oil to the bleach mixture and it will penetrate into the shaft when the cuticles open. won't hurt the bleaching process \:D/

Thanx Ashley:) Yeah I use 20 vol w/ bleach and it lifts my hair really light. I was just curious about the highlift blondes as an alternative method, never the less I need my hair really light since I dye it with the semi perm bright colors. It just becomes a pain in the butt when the roots come in and trying to avoid overlaping. I've been growing my natural hair out for a while now, so I am starting fresh.
digitalpussi

Postby clipinqueen on Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:54 pm

I have to say, you could probably use a good highlift like Wella Special Blondes; maybe neutral or ash. You appear to be about a level 7? I would buy a tube and experiment on some strands in foil. Let it sit for the full time --- 50 mins. I began to fully bleach my hair over a year ago and despite what many people say, I had tons of breakage. I tried every method to avoid damaging my hair and was very meticulous in doing my retouches. I have since gone back to doing a highlift every month for my roots and heavy highlighting over that every other month. I have hardly ANY damage this way. I don't use double 40 volume though. I usually water it down to double 30 because I realize I like some contrast between the darker hair and the light. I use Wella Special Blondes Intense Ash (?) and have also used their Color Charm line in high lift ash. They are both great. I still get a lot of warmth, but I condition with violet semis to drab it and it works fine. HTH!
clipinqueen

Return to Bleaching/Dying