Enzyme hair developer

Ask for advice on coloring, bleaching, etc.

Moderator: clipinqueen

Enzyme hair developer

Postby valentine319 on Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:40 am

Has anyone ever tried this? Is it less damaging? I have used the sally's version of the 20 volume but it doesn't pull as much of the color out of your hair. I am interested in anyones experiences.

http://www.baycitiesbeautystore.com/bra ... t=Trionics

Thanks!
Valentine
valentine319

Re: Enzyme hair developer

Postby valentine319 on Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:13 pm

I bought the Lift Thru version and felt it was great! I feel there is significantly less damage and it did a good job of not over drying my hair.
Valentine
valentine319

Postby valentine319 on Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:30 am

I am loving this. I will post a long post explaining not just it but some things I was able to get to work with bleach for those of us who get yellow gold without trashing our hair.
Valentine
valentine319

Postby clipinqueen on Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:59 pm

Hey Valentine; I have heard of enzyme developer and was curious about it.

I later read a chemist say that the enzyme developer is just as damaging as regular developers because it must still react with colour to lift or darken the hair. It makes sense because those enzymes still have to work hard to get in and open up the cuticle.

It will be interesting to read how this works for you over the long term.
clipinqueen

Postby valentine319 on Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:09 am

From doing 3 touch ups with it I have to say it feels less damaging. My hair doesn't feel dry and bleached. It feels soft after you rinse it out. Most bleaches feel horridly dry after bleaching before shampooing and conditioning. I do feel there is less damage. Now the big key with this is it must have a heat bonnet to process. Sally's sells one thit's supposed to be less likely to blow out the cuticle like regular developer. I personally am hooked on it. I use bleach and do on the scalp and with this I don't have a dry and itchy scalp after processing. My hair is shiny too. i admit a true evaluation will take 6 months but it definitely does not harm as much as regular developer. I'm hooked on it and do believe it doesn't damage as much.

I do want to mention for anyone who decides to try bleaching, you really need to know what you are doing. Any processing done wrong can destroy hair in a heartbeat. I have a very precise process when coloring my hair.
Valentine
valentine319

Return to Bleaching/Dying