Any HELP on lightening hair colour fast?

Ask for advice on coloring, bleaching, etc.

Moderator: clipinqueen

Any HELP on lightening hair colour fast?

Postby arienette on Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:02 pm

Hey guys,
So I have my hair a medium/dark brown right now and it was time to dye it again because the brassiness (from previously bleaching my hair to remove black dye) was starting to come through, specifically on my ends.

So I picked up the same dye I usually do from Sally's (ion color brilliance) and I think I left it in a little too long because it came out darker than the last time I dyed it.

Normally I wouldn't care so much because in a few weeks it will lighten up significantly, BUT now it doesn't really match my clip-in extensions and I was planning on putting them in for Halloween next week.

I've already scrubbed my hair with a good clarifying shampoo, and it doesn't look like anymore colour is coming out tonight.

Any suggestions to lighten it up before the 31st? I normally only wash my hair 1-2 times a week... so I guess I should up that eh?

THANKS!
arienette

Re: Any HELP on lightening hair colour fast?

Postby valentine319 on Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:27 am

It won't hurt your hair. Try instant lemonade packets. Mix with a bit of water and shampoo. Leave about a minute to two. Wash and condition good afterwards. It's awesome for removing extra color that grabs. Worth a try and just pick up the instant wylers one at walmart for a buck. Takes a 3 packets for shoulder length. It also works when you have manic panic stuck in your hair, just works like a charm. worth a try.
Valentine
valentine319

Postby arienette on Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:49 pm

i ended up shampooing with head and shoulders every 2-3 days and using a pack of hot oil treatments and within the week my hair was less harshly dark...i think tanning beds help lighten fast, seriously.
I still had to pull through brown hair dye on my extensions to make them match... but all in all, not so bad experience.
it's been like 3 weeks now and my hair is back to the brown i wanted it to be.... phew, won't make that mistake next time! darn porous hair....
arienette

Postby urbankitty on Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:41 pm

Does anyone know if I can lighten and bleach hair that I dyed jet black a few months ago? I want to put in a couple streaks in the inside of my hair, but I want it to be a vibrant purple or blue. Or should I just stick to extensions? I currently have some light brown in and just want a more funky look :)

Any advice or opinions would be appreciated!
urbankitty

Return to Bleaching/Dying