Bleaching #613 to platinum?

Ask for advice on coloring, bleaching, etc.

Moderator: clipinqueen

Bleaching #613 to platinum?

Postby dharmatype on Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:49 am

Hi ladies, for those of u who have successfully bleached/ toned up 613 wefts to a platinum hue, can u please share what brand bleach / toner brand / formula / tips u may have?
Thanx soooo much. :)))
dharmatype

Re: Bleaching #613 to platinum?

Postby bunnykins on Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:21 pm

Hi there, I can help a little, I wear the #22, which I find to be a little less "yellow" than the #613, and I have sucessfully gotten it to a nice cool, whiteish blonde by using the redken EQ toner in platinum ice, but you need to be really careful with it, I make sure the hair is damp, towel-dried, and then applying the toner via a squirt-top container, and combing it through really quickly, it's best if you have someone help you if you can.
You need to wash it off in like less than a minute, even less sometimes, it depends, best to do a strand test before, as all hair is different. You can also use the purple toning shampoos etc, they work ok too. I know people have used bleach/colour kits, but personally I don't like re=processing the hair, the blonde shades have been through enough torture :roll: and I like my hair to stay soft and silky as my own hair is really sleek too.

My tip is to just always do a strand test before you try anything, even the shampoos, as you can easily turn the hair purple or grey :shock: and it's awful to wreck beautiful new hair, take it slow and just try a few things, you will manage to get the gold out, or if all else fails, take to a good salon who know extension hair and let them do it for you, I have also done that with good results. Goodluck ;)

Bunnykins ♥
bunnykins

Postby valentine319 on Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:34 pm

I certainly agree on the strand test because you don't know if it's fabric dye used on the hair.
Valentine
valentine319

Postby Guccigirl on Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:19 pm

Some 613 lightens nicely, other hair...has gotten ruined.

Strand test..ALWAYS. Not worth risking losing the whole weft.
My store: www.loveforearth.net (nothing to do with hair though ;))

Come "friend me" at.. http://www.myspace.com/thumperlove

OR facebook @ Kara Kaiser

Twitter: Love4Earth

XO~
Guccigirl

Return to Bleaching/Dying