I bleached my own Hair!

Ask for advice on coloring, bleaching, etc.

Moderator: clipinqueen

I bleached my own Hair!

Postby kttylover2 on Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:11 am

Wow girls, I did it, I bleached my own hair and it came out great!!!! Wow, what a savings! I am so excited to be able to do it when I want, especially right after my extension take down I can now choose when to do it.....I went to Sally's and the girl there told me the best way, a new stuff that is real gentle and it is! The product is Clairol 7th stage creme lightner and the matching packets....I used 30 volume and it was great! Wow Sherrie this will help so much, time to do the happy dance :lol:
kttylover2

Postby sherrie215 on Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:04 am

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
sherrie215
Site Admin

Postby kttylover2 on Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:58 am

Those are tooo cute Sherrie! I am really happy with the blonde....it looks just like the hairdresser did it and I saved $100.00.....WooHoo....before I only knew how to dye brown... now comes the new extension install....and I gotta order more protac :lol:
kttylover2

Postby Naked Eye on Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:07 pm

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> :supz:

Its so good, saves so much money! And you can do touch ups more often and not get that uck period!! Goodjob!
Naked Eye

Postby ccross6032 on Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:28 pm

hey KL2 -

so you go from brown to a 613 platinum? sounds like me, hee hee.

way to go, i just started going this light and i can tell you the upkeep is going to kill my pocket book to have it done professionally!

how did you know when you were light enough, i know professionals say to check by wiping off a little but it looks so different wet vs dry. when my stylist bleaches she can get me light enough with 20 v and bleach, without a toner, but i am scared i'd over or under bleach my regrowth if i did it myself.

good for you, that's inspiring :)
ccross6032

Postby kttylover2 on Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:33 am

I went to Sally's and they hooked me up with some great stuff and it is so gentle.....when it lifts enough you can tell and they product says 45-90 minutes tops.....I had mine on about 45 with 30 volume developer...The top back takes longer so u start there :D

Jody
kttylover2

Postby synne on Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:13 pm

Since I´m in Denmark, and do not have the oppertunity to go to a Sallys store, I have found the product online:
http://www.prossalonsupply.com/products/category_view.php?category_id=5

Is the price reasenable at this shop?

What will I need to buy exactly? I´m eager to go back to blond. I have a dark reddish color in my hair right know.

I have never bleached my hair myself before, and I´m a little (no very :wink: ) scared to loose it.
synne

Postby kttylover2 on Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:06 pm

Hi girlfriend...

You also need to get clariol 7th stage lightening activators packets...three are needed to match the full bottle of the creme (2 oz.) and then I used 2 oz. of 30 volume developer...you can use 40 volume ....For whole head first do all but roots then add to roots...I just did touch ups...Hope this helps!

Hugs!
kttylover2

Postby synne on Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:51 am

Thank you :D . That helped.
synne

Postby valentine319 on Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:17 am

Can someone tell me, is this less damaging then bleach w/30 volume?
Valentine
valentine319

Postby kttylover2 on Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:52 am

This method fo me gave me way less damage the even the hairdresser doing it...the products really are gentle!!! Hope this helps!

The second time I uses it with 40 volume and it worked even better but you need the lightening packet too....
Last edited by kttylover2 on Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
kttylover2

Postby kttylover2 on Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:53 am

synne wrote:Since I´m in Denmark, and do not have the oppertunity to go to a Sallys store, I have found the product online:
http://www.prossalonsupply.com/products/category_view.php?category_id=5

Is the price reasenable at this shop?

What will I need to buy exactly? I´m eager to go back to blond. I have a dark reddish color in my hair right know.

I have never bleached my hair myself before, and I´m a little (no very :wink: ) scared to loose it.

Yes that is reasonable!!!!
kttylover2

OK...I have to add something here!

Postby clipinqueen on Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:25 pm

Hi you guys, I don't want to be offensive, but I want to make a note to what has already been said about volumes used to bleach hair. I bleach my roots, so I have experience doing it and have been colouring my hair for YEARS! haha.

Please do NOT use 30 vol or 40 vol on your scalp with bleach! You only need 20 vol to lift roots, especially since your scalp runs hot and lifts much faster. It is OK to use a higher vol with the shaft and ends of your hair because it can take longer to lift. What you need to remember about bleaching is this: the higher the volume, the faster the lift, the more damage you will suffer. Take it slow with 20 vol and if it does not lift after an hour, you can towel it off and put on a fresh batch. That is what hairdressers are taught (the good ones anyway!).

OK...my class is finished, you may leave! hhah. thanks for listening.
clipinqueen

Postby valentine319 on Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:04 am

Thanks for the comments. I'm planning on trying this instead of bleach & 30 volume.
Valentine
valentine319

bleaching

Postby barbielocks on Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:12 am

hi all

just want too give you the heads up on bleach and 30 and 40 vol.

all hair bleach labels say not to use more than 20 vol. on your scalp. as it will burn your head fry your hair

no matter how gentle the product is please please be carful. i have done it on myself.... i am not going to lie- using 30vol saves alot of time as the bleaching goes faster but it also opens your hair shaft too much. you can get the same result from bleach with 20vol and leaving it on 15 more mins...

also if you ladies are a level 6 or above you DO NOT need to bleach! companys have highlift color now and you can get the same results with less damage.

you might not see the bleach damage right away, but after time if you overlap it will break.... and the 30vol or 40 vol on your scalp WILL hurt your scalp, and may even cause your hair not to grow back in that area...

trust me i do this for a living- use 20 vol- use a little heat from a dryer if really needed...

i can not believe the girl at sallys gave you 30vol! does the label say it is same for that?
barbielocks

Next

Return to Bleaching/Dying