I bleached my own Hair!

Ask for advice on coloring, bleaching, etc.

Moderator: clipinqueen

Postby ccross6032 on Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:49 pm

barbielocks -

that is interesting about the high lift color - i have read, although not tried it myself, that even though companies claim high lift will ..... high lift, that they cannot really. is there a particular hi lift brand you recommend/use?
ccross6032

Postby barbielocks on Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:56 pm

i use gold well in high lift, but there are lots of companys that carry them.
at sallys wella has a high lift- sallys carrys wella right?

i am not sure if i wrote this before but high lift only works for a level 6 and up- if you dont know what level you are you can go to sallys and use a color ring to your regrowth and see. high takes you the full 4 shades up... so if you area level 6 you will get a very light blonde- that is what i use i am a level 6 and you can see from my pic that i am very blonde- with no brass-

if you are a level 5 or below you will have to prelighten with bleach and 20 vol till you reach a level 6 0r 7- then shampoo and condition treatment and dry- then you can use a high light over it it to lighten the rest of the way and to tone.

i hope this all makes sense!
barbielocks

Postby Cosmo-Politan on Sun May 06, 2007 5:35 pm

barbielocks wrote:i use gold well in high lift, but there are lots of companys that carry them.
at sallys wella has a high lift- sallys carrys wella right?

i am not sure if i wrote this before but high lift only works for a level 6 and up- if you dont know what level you are you can go to sallys and use a color ring to your regrowth and see. high takes you the full 4 shades up... so if you area level 6 you will get a very light blonde- that is what i use i am a level 6 and you can see from my pic that i am very blonde- with no brass-

if you are a level 5 or below you will have to prelighten with bleach and 20 vol till you reach a level 6 0r 7- then shampoo and condition treatment and dry- then you can use a high light over it it to lighten the rest of the way and to tone.

i hope this all makes sense!

High lift is definitely a good option, providing that you don't have any color on your hair already :)

Redken Double Blondes is another line of high lift color.
Cosmo-Politan

Postby Tanhair on Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:46 pm

I can attest to using 30 vol w/color. I used it for regrowth many times w/out problms, but got some bleach/color on the hair that was already colored. It did cause breakage, so now I just use 20 vol. It only happened 1x, but that was enough to damage it. Live and learn.
I buy goldwell color and developer online and use that even tho I am not a stylist. I also use demiperm color to 'fill in' the length of the hair, cause it feels much silkier when I do that. I keep it off the freshly dyed roots. My hair is porous and the color tends to wash out in the length, so that keeps it looking nice. Semi perm color for me only lasts a few poos and washes out, and my hair feels much dryer after it washes out.
I found that if I buy a ash mix in both perm color and demiperm color that I can 'tweek' my haircolor and get it slightly more ash. I also use red out too. That helps a lot. Unfortunatly I cant find extn hair that matches even tho I love the ahs color. If I try to make extn hair more ash, it turns gray.
I think the 30 volume was recomended because her hair was darker in color and to get hi lift u need a higher vol.
I had a stylist put perm color on my length after telling her not to cause my hair would fry. Well, w/in a week I had to cut it all off. My hair was about 1-2 inches. I was so mad! So even stylists can screw up ur color. My hair is very thin, so I cant slap perm color on the ends.
Tanhair

Re: I bleached my own Hair!

Postby hrc59blonde on Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:41 pm

I have uses HL Clairol Neutal Blonde with double 40 dev for years with no problems. Sometimes I wish I could go lighter though. What is the difference with bleach and 20?
hrc59blonde

Postby owataqt on Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:11 am

Thanks Kitty lover.. you have sooo helped me out with my bleaching out my roots.. used what you did.. for my roots the past couple of times.. and viola.. never been happier.. yIPPY.. just wanted to jump in here.. and send you a big big hug.. and thanks sooo soooooooo mucho much
owataqt

Postby kttylover2 on Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:33 am

owataqt wrote:Thanks Kitty lover.. you have sooo helped me out with my bleaching out my roots.. used what you did.. for my roots the past couple of times.. and viola.. never been happier.. yIPPY.. just wanted to jump in here.. and send you a big big hug.. and thanks sooo soooooooo mucho much

Awwww thank you, so glad it worked for u!!!!Woohoo u go girl!!! So happy to help someone :D
I was platinum blond, as u can see I went back to dark, might go a little lighter soon :shock:
kttylover2

Postby clipinqueen on Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:47 pm

Yeah, I have to say Clairol 7th Stage is an awesome scalp bleach. I have used it for both scalp and for doing just highlights and it lifts really nicely. I also regularly do highlights with Wella Blondor (also for on-scalp use) and it is a great bleach too. Unfortunately, I have to buy everything on-line because the drugstores here do not carry those products or they are professional. i save a lot of $ by buying big cans of bleach and peroxide and just doing my own hair!
clipinqueen

Previous

Return to Bleaching/Dying