Review of skin wefts from ebay seller

Talk about, or get help with Shrinks, Links, Fusion, Weaves, Wefts or any extensions method

Moderator: clipinqueen

Review of skin wefts from ebay seller

Postby asinnamon on Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:47 pm

Got them from:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Skin-Weft-Weave-Rem ... dZViewItem

I purchased 2 orders of 22 inch #4, wavy. The waves are just roller set, so they drop to a slight body. I didn't measure them, but they did seem a bit shy of 22 inches. Not overly shiny, but not frizzy looking either.

I hennad them and installed with supertape. I don't have any photos yet(big suprise right?). I have had them in for 4 days. I know this isn't long, but i thought i would post my initial thoughts.

First, let me just say I am not into high maintenance hair. These indian remy skin wefts classify as high maintenance. They need brushing multiple times a day as they aare crawling. Not tangling or knotting, just crawling up. They also need a silk serum to tame them. flat ironing would probably help them alot, but again, this falls in the 'high maintenance' category and isn't somthing I'm gonna do on a daily basis. I will also warn those with sensative scalps, the little 'nubs' against my scalp itch me something aweful. I have the wefts sandwhiched, so I have the face of the weft where the hair is against my scalp. I do find this extremely irratating and because if all the itching I will probably take them out soon. I don;t want to cause any more irratation to my scalp then I have already.

So, if you don;t mind fooling with your hair & flat iron, and don't have a scalp prone to itchiness, give them a try. I find the density very nice, as well as the texture of the hair. It's not fine, but it's not coarse either and blends fine with my hair. Infact, I got alot of compliments on how nice and long my hair was over the weekend. The price isn't bad at all either for skin wefts. I don't see the hair lasting more then maybe 3-4 months, but at the prices thats not too bad. Plus, if you are just using them around the crown area, then you may not even use all of one order. They come 36 inches to an order, cut into 2 18 inch peices. The seller is very very helpful too, and offers express shipping if you ask for it. I don't know what kind of color selection they have since I was only interested in brown/red....

I will post photos if I can make it til tomorrow morning, otherwse I'll take pics of just the hair if i end up taking it out before that....
Current Install: Belorio & Singer's Tape
asinnamon

Postby Saralee26 on Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:28 pm

Where are the pictures? hurry up, just kidding
Saralee26
Diva of the Month

Postby clipinqueen on Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:49 pm

Well...I can't rush you for pics because I've NEVER posted pics! haha. I've got SOME nerve! LOL.

Anyway, you are a doll for posting this review. I have been watching these skin wefts on Ebay for a looooooong time as well as the Pearl extensions. You are right --- the price is right. Of course, I would be buying the #613 in silky straight so who knows if they would behave in the same way your #4s do. This really helps me though, because I wanted to get someone's direct feedback on them before I bit!

I think I'll give them a try as I only wear taped extensions at my crown and all the way up to my part.

Thanks Asinnamon! :lol:
clipinqueen

Postby asinnamon on Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:43 pm

I took some pics just after brushing. I took them out this afternoon. They were really bothering my scalp, I was getting sore spots that hurt just to touch.

Give them a try clip in!!

Sorry I was wearing a black sweater, it's hard to see the hair....

asinnamon

Postby Saralee26 on Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:43 pm

The hair looks very pretty, too bad they didn't work out for you!
Saralee26
Diva of the Month

Postby sherrie215 on Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:42 am

awwww, too bad asinnamon. The hair really does look pretty.

BTW.....LOOOVE the color!
sherrie215
Site Admin

Postby clipinqueen on Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:43 pm

Awww man, your hair looks great Asinn! Sorry to hear about your ouchy scalp! They are definitely undetectable by the looks of your photo. Thanks for posting this. I will give them a try! :)
clipinqueen

Postby asinnamon on Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:34 pm

Yah, I'm bummed, but it's not like I'm throwing them out. I have them on hand and will give them another go at some point.

Thanks by the way, I have to say I love my color too :lol: I couldn't be happier with it.
asinnamon

Postby blainewitch on Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:20 am

Asinnamon your installs are gorgeous and I too LOVE that color. I would never guess your hair is extensions, it all blends soooo well. Your shortest natural layer must be quite long.
blainewitch

Postby asinnamon on Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:37 am

blaine, my hair is mostly one length. when I first started wearing extensions it was April-ish two years ago. here is my hair now, and i've had 1 trim total..:

It's longer now too, that pic was taken before all this white stuff hit the ground...

I think the key to my installs is color match. I'm a total spaz about it. I color everything before I install it, and now adays, I henna everything before I install it. Another thing that helps is the fact that my ends are really thin. I purposly keep them this way to help with blending. I also try to keep the extensions no more then 2 inches longer then my natural hair. I'm actually really fortunate with my natural hair. It grows ultra fast and is actually pretty strong, it's just really fine and straight. Ive spent 2 years trying all different kinds of installs, and ofcourse I've had people like Sherrie to learn from. I also have a really great hubby who has learned how to do shrinkies, tapes and trumpet tubes :lol:
asinnamon

Postby milachkaa on Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:38 pm

Sinnamon you actually have great hair! You could totally go without using any extensions and it would still look fnatastic!
milachkaa

Postby Saralee26 on Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:12 pm

Yes u have beautiful hair naturally, ur also luck that u have a husband to give u a hand that is awesome, my husband looks at me like I'm insane if I ask for help coloring my hair! Oh well, what are u going to try next?
Saralee26
Diva of the Month

Postby asinnamon on Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:23 pm

I think I'm going to be instsalling my ESG for a quickie install, I have a party to go to tomorrow and I can't be hairless. Meanwhile, I'm going to henna some random strands and some of my virgin russian. So then I'll have a combo of wefts in the back and strands on the side. Then *rubs hands* I am going to max out my credit card and order 2 wefts of 20 inch russian so I can have some extra length....
asinnamon

Postby clipinqueen on Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:34 pm

asinnamon wrote:....Then *rubs hands* I am going to max out my credit card and order 2 wefts of 20 inch russian so I can have some extra length....

:x OH, I'm seriously jealous of the impending russion! haha. Love your natural hair and colour also.

Going back to the skin wefts, can I ask how far you went up on your head (if you haven't mentioned it already)? Also, in your expert opinion, do you think a person could go pretty close to the part line with skin weft extensions without being detectable? Thanks a lot.
clipinqueen

Postby asinnamon on Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:08 pm

i think i did aboout 1 1/2" away from my part?? you can get very close with a skin weft. much closer then any other extension i think...
asinnamon

Next

Return to Extensions