Curly Extensions that don't look frizzy???

Talk about, or get help with Shrinks, Links, Fusion, Weaves, Wefts or any extensions method

Moderator: clipinqueen

Curly Extensions that don't look frizzy???

Postby blainewitch on Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:03 pm

I have that "curly-bug" again. My entire life I have thought it would be so wonderful to have big curly hair. The kind with really curls, not waves would be best, but I can only find that in a curl that is too tight for my hair to blend with, like these.

I just can't play these off and I know it, but I do love how the curls are complete loops. Are there any hair extensions that have Large looping spiral curls, that just dry that way? I don't want to flat iron out frizz then curl the hair ... I don't have that much spare time.

I am posting some pictures from hairsisters.com for examples. I hope I don't get in trouble for image stealing, these are not my images and I am not a thief, but if I posted links it would be a hassle for you to read and help me.

My attempts to install curly extensions have not gone well, my curls always look like frizz. I hate frizz, I want curls.

My hair would blend with the following 2, but I am not familiar with this hair. It is very inexpensive so this scares me, but it is on sale. I never hear of the brand on this board, so this scares me too. Has anyone tried Goddess Hair?

I like both of these pictures, but I think the "loose" will straighten out more than I would like. I just posted the "loose" because I love the color. What color is this? How can I create it? I may put a little less of the red, because I'm scared.

This is the loose, with the pretty color I like.

This is the bodywave, it kinda looks the same, huh?

My fear is installing hair that looks like this (below) on me. She is gorgeous and the hair is gorgeous, but It's too puffy for me and all I would see would be frizz.

Any suggestions? Hair brands I should look up? I don't like the advertisement photos for any of the Bohyme curls, they are all too frizzy.

I am also considering some of the machine weft Diva hair from Aprodite's salon.

http://www.aphroditessalon.com/

I think Aphrodite's hair would be way better quality and the price is great for such "high end" hair ... but what curl pattern? Here is her image of curl patterns (again this is not mine).

Should I just drop the thought all together?

I will be installing Bohyme bodywave next week, but last time I wore it, I only saw frizz. I think it's just not curly enough to look curly?

Maybe I just don't know how to work with curly hair?
blainewitch

Postby asinnamon on Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:57 pm

Ok, first, the picture of the Diva hair is just wagman. Not all her hair is wagman, but that higher line stuff is.

I think when using any wave pattern you will need to treat differently then straight hair. I'm sure curly headed gals can chime in. I think you comb when wet and don't touch it again. and i think you may want to try a serum, which can help the frizzy thing......

Do a search over at BHM for goddess.......
Current Install: Belorio & Singer's Tape
asinnamon

Postby Lynnie on Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:02 pm

Hi Blaine --- I know I have seen this pic before,,, I believe those are the wagman textures Aphrodite sells a few different types of hair ( including wagmans-- however it has been quite some time since I have been at her site).

I believe I still have a sample of some of her hair rolling around in the stash ? I brought some wag virgin curly a few months back,, but haven't had a chance to try it out yet. I was disappointed with the weft it is a zig zag & I thought it would be a different type of weft.

Not to say the zig zags wefts are bad-- just used to the machine wefts,,, haven't used them in an install yet.
If you would like to have a sample--- I will mail you some.

Curly hair is fun,, but can be high maint. If you find the right texture & hair routine it is great,,, but it has taken me some time to get to that point.

Wag is a good supplier for dark curly hair,, however the QC just isn't what it used to be a few years back. Halleys Curl was also good,, again this was back in 06-- sometimes the Quality/ Suppliers change over the years ? Honestly I think you may want to start your curly head experiment with processed hair ( possibly later on move on to the virgin/ natural stuff ). Curly hair is all about routine & products/ conditioners. Some types / brands are easier to keep under control than others :)
Be who you are, say what you feel, because those who mind, don't matter --- and those who matter don't mind.
Lynnie
Diva of the Month

Postby Guccigirl on Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:40 pm

I would LOVE to put curly extensions in my straight hair, but I'm terrified it would be a nightmare..

I agree, the Bohyme pics ARE frizzy looking. I would love a nice, loose spiral.

Have you installed a deep wave yet?

G
Guccigirl

Postby clipinqueen on Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:47 pm

Blaine: I've heard a lot of great things about Outre Batik hair. It's actually synthetic, but supposedly some of the BEST synth out there. The ladies on BHM always rave about it and every pic I have ever seen of it looks fantastic --- it doesn't frizz and you could wet/wash it and it would curl right back into the same position again! I would give it a try for curly worry-free hair. :)
clipinqueen

Postby blainewitch on Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:55 pm

I ordered the Goddess Bodywave in the picture above. I looked it up on BHM and they spoke kindly about it. There was problems with the old Goddess, which now has a different name, but this stuff didn't sound horrible .... and on sale it was CHEAP ($55 per pkg).
I also ordered it in a different color than usual ... so we will see if I ever actually install it. I ordered it in 1B/33.

I need to re-install soon and now I don't know if I want to install the Bohyme Body wave I am working on or wait for this to arrive ... I don't think I can hold off that long though. My current install is now 6 weeks old (my oldest ever) and it's driving me crazy.

Clip, I did read great stuff on the Outer Batik too. If I can break into curls, I will try that next. I wish I would have waited and orderd that now intead. :(
The idea od synthetic curls that pop back into curls sounds really nice.

Cucci, I have never installed anything tighter than Bodywave. I don't even know if that qualifies as curly. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Yet, it was too frizzy for me so I only wore it for 3 weeks ... I am planning to try again.
blainewitch

Postby Guccigirl on Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:06 am

I think the deep wave is gorgeous, especially in some of the highlighted colors. I just have never talked to anyone that actually wore it, so I dont' know!

Doesn't this look like it would turn into a 'loose' spiral

****drool****

lol

I can't wait to see your install :) I think you should wait for the curly, otherwise...you'll just get anxious and takedown after a few weeks (atleast I know I would!)

GG
Guccigirl

Postby Cross610 on Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:11 pm

I have Bohyme Bodywave installed right now, and considering this was my first experience with extensions, I don't have much to compare it to.

What I do think is difficult about the bodywave is that if you let it dry naturally (without brushing, blowdrying) it curls a tiny bit...but not enough to make you not want to brush it and use a curling iron! And if you brush it out while wet...you look like you have frizz brillo for hair. It does hold a curl wonderfully though, and I love the way it looks with some loose curls and serum. So it's right in the middle, which I think makes it difficult to take care of.

I think that you're trying a tighter curl pattern is good...since it's a more distinct curl, you might be able to see more curl/less frizz, as opposed to the bodywave.

Can't wait to see! :D
Casey
Cross610

Postby blainewitch on Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:45 pm

That picture does look gorgeous! I have only seen this picture Image and I don't like this look.
Maybe it's the blonde that makes it look so beautiful? It does look nice.

Cross, that was how I felt about my bodywave the last time I wore it, not curly, not straight, just frizzy. I probably should not be installing it again, but it's hair that I feel guilty for not wearing. I agree that a tighter curl patter would be a better idea. If only I liked any of the Bohyme curls. The one above looks beautiful not installed in blond, but I fear it would look like the installed pic on me. :wink:
blainewitch

Postby clipinqueen on Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:07 pm

Blaine, I think that Goddess Bodywave is a great place to start; not too curly, not too wavy or straight. You'll have styling options. I know what you mean about that Bohyme curly pic --- I think it also has to do with her curly bangs. They don't seem to blend well with the rest of the hair (I'm on a bang kick lately!). That pic Gucci posted is beautiful. I bet is you left your natural hair smooth over the top of that hair, it would be great because it wouldn't be too curly/wavy/frizzy. :)
clipinqueen

Postby Guccigirl on Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:16 pm

I read somewhere....I can't remember where? Maybe BHM..about using moroccan oil to take the frizzies out of curly/wavy extension hair. I know you can buy it at Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0013W ... d_i=507846

Has anyone tried this with any success?

GG
Guccigirl

Postby clipinqueen on Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:04 pm

^^^Oooooo, yeah Gucci, Moroccan Oil has gotten some good reviews. I noticed on HB, a few ladies said they loved it (Metalgirl is one). I noticed recently that my bottle of Redken Smooth Down Heat Glide says it has Moroccan Oil in it! I'd never noticed that before. I'm tempted to try it, although it is bloody expensive!!! :)
clipinqueen

Postby blainewitch on Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:15 pm

That stuff sounds incredible! I WANT IT!!! But, it is Expensive!
blainewitch

Postby Saralee26 on Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:43 pm

I have it, it is an awesome product, u can mix it with your hair color it makes the hair lock in the shine and protect it when coloring, I can get it for 19.95 from the beauty supplier if anyone is interested, it is like 40.00 on the net, I actually bought like 10 bottles this week for my friends who sampled mine! The product is amazing and it does not weigh done the hair or look greasy, and it actually makes my hair dry faster! U girlz should try it, u will love it, and it smells good!!
Saralee26
Diva of the Month

Postby La_Mala on Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:20 pm

I currently have Halley's Curls Miami Ripple installed & I love it. It's sewn in ona net. I have really thin sraight hair so i left very little of my own hair out all along the edges & nape of my neck, but I've had no trouble blending my hair with the extensions.
The hair is soft & tangle free with out any product whatsoever, but it gets really big :lol: So I use a mixture or water/glycerine/hawaiin silky 14 in 1 then some cantu shea butter leave in to keep it under control.
I've been to the beach & the pool in it dries up beautifully it's amazing.

check out my pics public.fotki.com/lamala
La_Mala

Next

Return to Extensions