New Pro-tac Demo...Pictures Galore

Talk about, or get help with Shrinks, Links, Fusion, Weaves, Wefts or any extensions method

Moderator: clipinqueen

New Pro-tac Demo...Pictures Galore

Postby sherrie215 on Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:06 pm

OK...I worked on this demo this afternoon...still have no name for the new demo girl....but I really liked working with her. She doesnt complain or want to stop to go potty or make me be finished in 20 minutes! :lol:

I usually do 6 rows that are cut to the width of each part in one long piece per row. But you may do as many rows are you prefer. And you can make your rows in several shorter pieces if you find that easier to work with than long rows.

Picture #1 I used the pro-tac strips cut in half, and one package of #33 wawa for this install: You may use whichever type of extended wear tape you prefer in the width that you prefer. ( I prefer 3/4 inch supertape on a roll as opposed to the protac strips used in this demo)

Picture #2 First part, just below the occipital bone: (Most people prefer to start just above the occipital bone but since I add ALOT of hair I need to start lower to fit in 6 rows)
ImageImage

Picture #3 measure and cut the weft to the width of the part:
Picture #4 cut the tape just slightly longer than the wefts (This seals in the ends of the wefts)
ImageImage

Picture #5 Peel the blue backing off, exposing one side of the tape (if using tape on a roll one side will already be exposed)
Picture #6 Place the first weft on the tape about 1/4 of the way from the botttom, put a thin layer of LG on the track (only need the LG if double wefts are being placed in the tape)
ImageImage

Picture #7 place the second weft to the middle of the tape, overlapping the first weft
Picture #8 fold the tape over the weft
ImageImage

Picture #9 Use a flatrion to help 'set' the tape to the weft
Picture #10 I use the end of my comb and firmly press the tape & weft together really well. This will help when you try to remove the backing. (If the tape is lifting away from the weft when peeling off the backing paper, stop and PRESS the tape more with the back of your comb)
ImageImage

Picture #11 Carefully remove the white backing strip. You may also add a small amount of LG to the side of the tape that you are placing against your head for additional security and a longer hold)
Picture #12 Place the taped weft onto the root of your hair
ImageImage

Picture #13 Pull down a layer of hair over the top of the tape and press with your fingers very well. I take a LOT of time pressing each row. ( Its a good idea to use the heat from a blowdryer, curling iron or flatiron to set the tapes to the hair, and then press really well) A blowdryer is the easiest IMO to get the heat directly on the bond/tape, sometimes its difficult to get a flatiron right up to the tapes.

Picture #14 Completed row
ImageImage

Picture #15 Make the next part above the first completed row and repeat the above steps.
Picture #16 Prepare the weft
ImageImage

Picture #17 Place weft on the root of hair
Picture #18 Completed row
ImageImage

Picture #19 Temple to temple row
Picture #20 Weft in place
ImageImage

Picture #21 Center part, I place a row on each side below the center part (see black line)
Picture #22 I make a part about 2-3 inches below the center part and place a short row on each side of the head.
ImageImage

Picture #23 Side row in place
Picture #24 Completed install
ImageImage

Most people usually do about 4-5 rows total. You will generally need at least 2 ear to ear rows (from ear level down) and 2 temple to temple rows. I usually install 4 ear to ear rows, as I am adding alot of length and also like the extra volume.

I also find that adding the final short rows (about 3 inches wide) on each side of my head (2-3 inches below my center part ) gives me that extra hair around the face for adding layers to eliminate a 'mullety' look.
Last edited by sherrie215 on Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:14 pm, edited 12 times in total.
sherrie215
Site Admin

Postby JulieY on Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:22 pm

Awesome demo, Sherrie! Thanks. One question, since the last (front) strip is higher up on the head than the first strip at the back, do the ends of the long hair have a layered appearance or do you trim to a blunt cut?

I think I am almost ready to attempt this after this demo.
JulieY

Postby Malibu on Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:46 pm

Sherrie!! What a great demo!! Thanks so much!! :D :D :D :D :D
Current install: 14" Bohyme two rows of clip-ins
Malibu

Postby sherrie215 on Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:53 pm

Hi JulieY. Yes it will have a layered effect sort of. You can either cut the ends blunt or most people need to do additional layering to get a better blend.

Also I only used one package of wawa for this demo. approx 4 ounces. And there is only 3 double wefted rows + the short row near the crown

On myself. I would use 2 packages or approx. 8 ounces and I would do 6 rows + the short side row
sherrie215
Site Admin

Postby Aphrodite on Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:31 am

Thanks Sher! Very good demo! 8)
Aphrodite

Postby corriene on Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:52 am

:) Hi ... i can post at last!!!! Yipee!!!! Absoloutley brilliant demo Sherrie!!! What a star you are!!!
corriene

Postby finafina on Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:11 pm

WOW!!!! SO EASY!!! OK - how long will this last? Is your model as hard on her hair as you are? :lol: Truly though THANKS SO MUCH FOR THIS DEMO. . .I'm ready to rock n roll!!! - Fina
finafina

Postby Elvira on Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:22 pm

Sherrie, as usual you make everything nice and easy to follow! And I'm still in awe how you make tutorials look like it was easy to make! I'm always impressed with everything you do!
Elvira

Postby sherrie215 on Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:03 pm

fina, since your hair is alot like mine (if I remember correctly we are hair twins :wink: ) it would probably hold about 6 weeks in your hair. I usually get about 6 good weeks out of mine. The average is 4-6 weeks for most people. kristie m is rockin' her installs for about 8 weeks. My last one went just about 8 weeks, and I think my current install will probably last that long too.

oh btw fina, I think the demo chick will be nicer to her hair than i am! :wink:

Thanks girls...you are all toooo kind! :D

And Elvira.....especially YOU, I am still in awe of YOU! Such a creative and artistic lady!
sherrie215
Site Admin

Postby sherrie215 on Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:51 pm

bump....for sharbin
sherrie215
Site Admin

Postby sharbin54 on Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:01 am

WONDERFUL!!! Thank you so much Sherrie! You are my extension angel!! :)
sharbin54

Postby zephyr on Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:08 am

Thanks for the brill demo Sherrie, which is so useful to us all
Mrs Zephyr Beau-Benton, MInstLM (tutor)
Member of Institute of Leadership & Management
ILM TRAINER - CITY & GUILDS

http://www.connect-2-hair.co.uk
CONNECT-2-HAIR TRAINING ACADEMY, MANCHESTER, UK
Text: 07773 665803
email: connect-2-hair@mail.com
zephyr

Postby Elvira on Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:45 pm

bumb
Elvira

Postby sherrie215 on Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:34 pm

bumping for a few emails I have recieved recently requesting demos on tape methods.

There are several other demos in the demos/tutorials forum here:

http://talk.hairextensions101.com/ ... ic.php?t=7
sherrie215
Site Admin

Postby geri on Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:08 pm

When you use protac strips do you fold the tape over on the top of weft, I dont know why I thought you taped the back side of weft and LG the top?
geri

Next

Return to Extensions