Pro-tac Demo

Talk about, or get help with Shrinks, Links, Fusion, Weaves, Wefts or any extensions method

Moderator: clipinqueen

Pro-tac Demo

Postby sherrie215 on Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:07 pm

OK..well my pictures got ATE....damn it anyway. I was uploading to my website and 'apparantly' I uploaded to much at one time and my website locked up..and some of my files got corrupted! My webhost had to to do a partial restore from the backups....Needless to say I lost some of the work and pictures!

So, with the help of my daughter today she allowed me to attach a few strips & wefts to her hair for the purpose of demonstration! I had about 20 minutes to do it....LOL. SO these arent the best photos, and it was a rush job but its some what of a decent demonstration. Her hair was in a ponytail all day so it has a few curves and kinks, and I used some RK hair that wasnt good for anything else...but you should be able to get the general idea.

ImageImage

picture #1: Parted hair, ready for weft attachment
picture #2: Attached first row of pro-tac taped weft (she doesnt know the meaning of "hold your head straight" yet!) :lol:

ImageImage

picture #3 and #4. Pull a thin layer of hair from above the attached weft down over the tape 'sandwiching' the tape.

ImageImage

picture #5 finished row (notice that she had a ponytail all day so the hair wanted to go in its own direction right in the middle back)
picture #6 ready for the next row

I put one more row of #613 blonde above on the top row. She is naturally about an #18 blonde with heavy highlights in the top layer. She also inherited her momma's hair, so she has very fine hair.

ImageImage
There is 3 rows in this install
bottom row is double weft #613 and #12
middle row is 1 weft #12
top row is 1 weft #613

Needless to say these came back out quicker than they went in! LOL...I had about 20 minutes to attach, take pictures and remove them!

I will work on a *real* demo again soon! :cry:

This demo is the property of www.hairextensions101.com and may not be copied without my permission.
Last edited by sherrie215 on Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sherrie215
Site Admin

Postby sherrie215 on Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:08 pm

BTW...these are tapes that Ive split down the middle. I dont use the full sized tape. I think its just too much tape.
sherrie215
Site Admin

Postby kttylover2 on Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:28 am

((((((((((Sherrie))))))))

Thank you sweetie, sorry you had a bad time with the demo pics, kudos for trying and getting the daughter to participate, lol...........can you do a demo on how to place on top to cover cowlick like Kristie and Jenny talk about? BTW, Kristen emailed me to say that the dlux 22" should come in about 4-5 weeks......

Thanks Sweetie!
Jody :D
kttylover2

Postby kttylover2 on Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:30 am

BTW Sherrie, I want to use different hair that is cheaper then bohyme until I get my installs better...........how is hollywood hair?

Thanks Jody
kttylover2

Postby Aphrodite on Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:54 am

Sher - thanks for the demo! When you say you don't use all of the tape, what do you mean? Do you cut it horizontally so it is thinner? When you attach the wefts, do you attach multiple wefts to one tape? Do you attach the weft first, and then place it on the head? Sorry if I sound like a dumb*** but I have not done one of these installs yet!
Aphrodite

Postby kttylover2 on Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:40 am

LOL Aphrodite, I can so relate..........another question girls, when taking out what is the fastest way to take down the wefts from the LG and the pro tac?

Thanks
jody
kttylover2

Postby sherrie215 on Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:32 am

Aprodite, I have some more pictures to post

I split the tape right down the middle between the two pieces of white backing paper

I put the fist weft on the tape about 1/4 of the distance from the bottom of the tape

add a thin layer of LG

add the second weft slightly staggered over the first weft, so the track is 1/2 way in the middle of the tape

fold the tape over and this is what it looks like
sherrie215
Site Admin

Postby sherrie215 on Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Jody I used the Hollywood hair along time ago, for bss hair it was ok. Ive had alot worse.

Ive never dealt with a cowlick Jody so maybe kristie or Jenny can better demonstrate that than I could.

Thanks for the update on the dlux wefts. I emailed Kristin too but havent heard back form her.
sherrie215
Site Admin

Postby kttylover2 on Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:19 pm

Sherrie, what hair would you recommend that is not so expensive until I get my installs better........I hate to waste the bohyme on mess ups........also, what size are the tapes you install on the back and the sides, and do you do the U shape or layer pieces?

kttylover2

Postby sherrie215 on Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:09 pm

sheesh...its been a long time since Ive used any cheaper hair. :) Id say out of most of the bss hair Ive used the dena cali bodywave was about the best and then hollywood bodywave. For bss hair those were probably the better of the lot.
The size of my tapes...do you mean the length of each row I put in?

From the bottom up:
1st row...4 inches
2nd row..4 inches
3rd row..5 &1/2 inches
4th row...6 &1/2 inches
5th row...11 and 1/2 inches
6th row...12 inches
top side row 3 inches each side below part

I do a complete peice on the top (temple to temple) rows but doing them in smaller sections might be easier. If you do the long rows in smaller sections I would suggest cutting the tape just slightly longer than the weft like maybe 1/4 inch longer on each end, and overlapping the edges of the tape when installing. I would do this for added security in the top rows.
sherrie215
Site Admin

Postby kttylover2 on Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:24 am

Thanks Sherrie!

I am ready to order the pro tac tape to change my install cause I am having problems with the layers to close to my right ear, she took the weft over to far. Whew...I am nervous on doing my own and that is why all the questions. I looked at the cheaper hair today so I will not waste any more money on hair down the drain..........I went thru 300.00 in bohyme on the fusion and the weft method is so much better and you have hair left imo, I agree with you sherrie about the weft vs. fusion. I can't affors to waste any more money on it so I am going to try the other till I get better........I looked at the cali dena today at the beauty supply. It was the silky smooth, I didn't see the bodywave, do they make it? I sure would like to scrunch my hair and have fullness......... the straight is so straight and i need fullness so I can'wait to try the double weft method sherrie demonstrates............Anyways girls, time to re-install so time to order the pro tac.........sherrie I want to make sure I have enought so should I get the 10 strips or 2 orders? BTW, I have paypal :)

Thanks
Jody
Last edited by kttylover2 on Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
kttylover2

Postby sherrie215 on Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:44 am

Im so sorry Jody, $300 is alot of money down the drain. I wish I could remember what other brands of BSS hair Ive used. Most of them will at least last a couple weeks with babying. Which may be a good option if you want to experiment of change it frequently while getting the hang of if. When I used Dena Cali they had a bodywave, but Im not sure if they still make it, or maybe that particular BSS just didnt carry it. Alot of the striaght hair will dry with a little wave also. Or with a little scrunching.

10 strips are PLENTY, especially if you cut the tapes in half like I do!

Keep an eye on the store, over the next week there will be lots of NEW items added!
sherrie215
Site Admin

Postby kttylover2 on Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:17 am

Yeah!!!! new Items!

I see you understand my pain, lol in the pocket book not to metion looking like a mullet head.........thank you for the tips and alll your help, you are so talented and knowledgable........I am going to order the pro tac now, I am so excited to re-install with it! The deni calli had the french refined but I am worried that will be to perm like..........thanks again!

Jody ;_
kttylover2

Postby kttylover2 on Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:28 am

Order Done.............Pro tacs on the way! WOOHOO!

:wink:
kttylover2

Sherrie help!

Postby kttylover2 on Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:37 pm

Do you measure the tapes and also where exactly do you start the rows on the back of the neck? I am almost ready to install, waiting for hair to dry :roll: and doing it on myself for the first time.......took out the old install yesterday and I feel naked ! :oops:

ktty
kttylover2

Next

Return to Extensions